What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit problems

MobileRuss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi..
Has anybody else encountered this problem?

I have purchased the Component Video and Camera Connection accessories for my iPad 2 and have just been testing them out.

The Component Video kit works fine and streams video faultlessly from the iPad to my TV. :)
However, the Camera Connection kit will not work at all.
:eek: I initially tried it out with a USB stick and received a message about "insufficient power to run this device".
:confused: I then tried it in a mains powered USB hub - nothing.
:( My Canon camera would not work through the hub either.

I have even tried a connection using a mains powered USB hub with a USB external multi-card reader plugged into it - (how bizzare is that) - nothing.

:confused: Next I tried a FAT32 formatted SD card with a DCIM directory under the root - nothing.
:mad: I then tried inserting the SD card out of my Panosonic camera - nothing.

In the above, when I say nothing, I mean just that - no error messages, screen flickering, beeps or anything else!

I assume that since the Component Video is working OK, then the iPad connector must be OK - no problems charging or syncing.
The Camera Connectors could be faulty, but it is surely a freak if both the SD and USB are both faulty.

Could the initial attempt to insert a USB stick have caused the connector to 'freeze' and perhaps some sort of reset is required.
Apple can only suggest that I try the connection kit on another iPad, but unfortunately, I don't know anyone who owns one in my area.

An thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
M

MobileRuss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since making my original post, I have found a thread which has resolved the problem.

The thread suggested switching the iPAD off.
I had only been 'putting it to sleep' which of course, does not cause it to 're-boot'.

Everything is now working fine - one giant thank you to the forum and one big black mark for Apple Technical Help, who didn't even think of such a simple solution.

dhiani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i still have the same problem here, cant use my cc since the day my husband bought it for me, which is over than 3 months ago. is there anyone can help me?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i still have the same problem here, cant use my cc since the day my husband bought it for me, which is over than 3 months ago. is there anyone can help me?

Can you tell us a little bit more? Are you plugging in an SD Card or using it to connect directly to your camera? What version of iOS do you have on your iPad? Have you tried powering the iPad completely off and then on again?

Get back to us and we'll try our best to help you.

Tim

OP
M

MobileRuss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhiani said:

dhiani
I had problems with my iPad2 running the 4.3.3 version of the software.
This is what I did to get my SD card connector to work.
Press and hold the on/off button on the top of the ipad until the slider appears.
Move the slider to completely switch off the iPad.
Wait 30 seconds and then switch on the iPad and wait for it to boot up.
Insert the SD Card connector and then insert the SD card out of your camera into it.
iPhoto should start up and show you the contents of the SD card.

If you are using an SD card that you have created yourself then it must be formatted as FAT or FAT32 and your photos MUST be held inside a directory labelled DCIM which should be created under the root directory.
Do not create sub-directories beneath DCIM as all photos on the card will be grouped together when shown in iPhoto.

Hope that this works for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts