What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as input to ham radio

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice to see Ham Operators on the forum here. I am Italian but I live in Brazil now. I used Echolink software from Pc to connect a local node near my Italian city to contact my OM friends in Italy.

At the moment I am not really active but I'll see how to become a PY callisign to operate again. Meanwhile I will test the Echolink software for iPad.

Hope to meet you.

73 de IZ8HHZ

ktjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the PIGTAIL from Pignology to connect and control a radio via wifi. this is of course only for the digital control signals. so if the radio does DSTAR you are good to go for using it (some have done DSTAR). You can also do the various other modalities like PSK31 mostly.

No audio is transfered. Just digital signals. So your radio has to havethe capability of converting to a pure digital communication.

Personally I am looking for a digital solution that just works with the audio microphone and with the speaker output from the ipad. The camera adapter supposedly splits up the audio microphone and the speaker, so you can have separate audio connections. Would be nice to see some APRS solution that can transmitt and recieve both in an application. but am still looking.

Here is an audio connector for line level signals to the microphone input of your IPAD/IPHONE so you can use the various amatuer apps out there for decoding and transmitting audio. This has no PTT circuit so you still need that to control the radio.
http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-iphone-2trs-a22.htm

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts