What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad as a Games Controller?

zedwick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!

I've just had a scan of the forum, and couldn't find anything on this; so thought i'd just ask!

Does anyone know of an app for iPad which lets you use it as a games controller for desktop games? more specifically one which supports Mac OS X. I used to use one on my iPod Touch, but have long since forgotten what it was called. Wondering if there's an iPad app available.

As a further query, are there any remote desktop apps which would allow me to play desktop games on my iPad at a reasonable framerate?

Thanks in advance!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!

I've just had a scan of the forum, and couldn't find anything on this; so thought i'd just ask!

Does anyone know of an app for iPad which lets you use it as a games controller for desktop games? more specifically one which supports Mac OS X. I used to use one on my iPod Touch, but have long since forgotten what it was called. Wondering if there's an iPad app available.

As a further query, are there any remote desktop apps which would allow me to play desktop games on my iPad at a reasonable framerate?

Thanks in advance!

You could possibly use a remote desktop access app. For the PC I use Splashtop, which is great and works just fine, not sure about Mac desktop access apps though. Hopefully you'll get some feedback soon.

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
zedwick said:
Hi there!

Thanks in advance!

was it motion controller, with touch screen buttons?

tilt pad?

Reaction score
zedwick said:

This does depend on the type of game you want to play.

But for example playing WC3:FT means pure lag on the iPad, if you're are viewing a battle. Not to mention that the control's are really difficult. Even playing tower defense games is frustratingly slow.

From my experience, the only PC games playable remotely on the iPad are strategy games, which require planning and not immediate action from the user. YMMV

Remote apps used where Teamviewer and Splashtop.

Most reactions

Latest posts