What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad apple logo blinks and doesnt turn on!

ish1908

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello...I have an ipad but the apple logo just blinks on and off after several seconds and doesn't want to turn on...can anyone help me? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure it's been plugged into the charger it came wiht for few hours first, just to make sure it has plenty of battery. Then give the soft reset described in the link.

If that does not work you'll probably have to do a full reset via iTunes, but I recommend calling Apple's Tech Support first.

Restart and Soft Reset
iPad: Turning on/off and resetting

ipadwinston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apple logo is blinking on and off on my Ipad too.

It is new and has never been turned on. I charged it for 2 hours. It only blinks with the power cord plugged into the electric socket. It doesn't blink when plugged into usb.

While plugged into the wall and then holding down the home and sleep button for 10 seconds the picture telling you to plug it into your usb appears, but as soon as I unplug it from the wall the screen goes blank.

I have tried every reset. I think the battery doesn't work. I think it's a lemon. It's a good thing it's probably too late to call apple tech right now because I wouldn't be very nice.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, if I'm repeating what you already know, just ignore me.

In order to activate your iPad you need to first downlaod and install the latest version of iTunes from Apple's web site. Then with iTunes running plug your iPad into the computer and follow the instructions in iTunes.

If that does not work, then yes you need to call Apple Support.

ronaren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
os4.3

did you update to OS 4.3 that could cause it....see the forum for more info,,,

Most reactions

Latest posts