iPad app sales off to a slow start?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by JohnnyApple, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Tagg67

Tagg67
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    When I bought my Ipad 32GB a few days ago the Apple Store as well as BestBuy were out of the 16GB model. I feel that the folks that are unsure are going for the 16GB based on it being something new and unsure, as well as the lower price. I think the sales are warming up and that most people wanting one now will either wait until the 16GB are back in stock or go ahead and get the 32GB for fear that they will also start selling out at the Apple stores too.
    I am really happy with mine right now and don't have any complaints.
    Apple products I currenly own:

Macbook Pro (Mid 2009)
    Iphone (3G)
    Ipods (shuffle, 3rd & 4th Gen)
    Ipad (32GB)

2. emilyjane918

emilyjane918
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why apple always think about money rather than customer satisfaction? Their product is always costly.

3. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:

I totally agree with what you said. Its all about a solution and providing solid products, rock stable operating system and excellent service

I dont agree with the comment above from emilyjane918 regarding making money and poor customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is one of the highest in the IT industry as Apple looks after its millions of customers. Product delays happen with ALL manufactures and that will always happen with products that users want regardless of what it is. Apple is making money as they have the right product(s) from itunes down to the A4 processors in the ipad and more importantly a massive following of users already satisfied with their products and not to mention the many new users purchasing their products like the ipad.

The article link provided by emilyjane918 is written by some one whom never has used an ipad and is just repeating negative articles from other PC magazines that were written after the ipad was announced The Article is poorly written and full of errors such as "iPad is expected to run 24 hours on a single charge," Give me a break ok. There are always people whom criticise any thing made whether it be cars clothes tv's computers ,food you name it I welcome constructive criticism not garbage written by some amateur magazine writer. My answer is simple if you don't like it buy some thing else or go buy old technology like a netbook and be happy. :)

#23 col.bris, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  4. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
  5. Temp40

Temp40
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You are right on the mark with that reply.

There's no denying that Apple has always been an intelligent and competitive company and they have the history to back that up. They have the ability to innovate and expand better than most companies out there. They know how to deliver solutions for products in this digital age and will only continue to get better.

6. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:

Yes and No.

Yes, Apple products appear to be costly, but you have to compare the right things there.

i.e. compare the MacBook Pro with the same equipped Lenovo and the difference is less than $50.

But come on, if you want the quality and comfort of a Mercedes, you won't complain, that it is pricier than the Nissan, would you? Sure, the Nissan will bring you also from A to B and it is a good car, but the Benz does it more comfortable and with more style.
    :cool:

7. Isaac Newton

Isaac Newton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    As for the apps...to run iPhone apps on my iPad at 2x is ridiculous. I appreciate the "availability" of all the iPhone apps, but the "clear usability" is like hitting zoom on your big screen...I don't want to see pixelayed edges on each line or character.

I know at 1x I can enjoy a sharper image, but how many of us really don't mind seeing all of the black real estate proudly showing our smears of usage on the large border around the smaller iPhone display?

The apps are slowly being developed, but are definitely showing up each day. So I gladly return to the app store to see what's new. Imagine the amount of massive hits the site is getting by folk that check back often as I.

I love my iPad and am ok with going through the life cycle from embryo to adult stages!

8. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That is exactly 100% correct and one does not need to worry about a virus attack

#28 col.bris, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010