What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 Cover Like This Available?

jsegovia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use a 3rd gen iPad heavily and at the local Brookstone I found a padded black leather folio cover that I absolute loved (pictures below). It was light and felt comfortable in the hand and it provided a LOT of padding - when I dropped my iPad onto concrete or asphalt or accidentally rolled it down the stairs it came up flawless without a scratch. Because it zippered up it was sort of waterproof especially in the rain and it kept all the dust out. Plus it had pockets for business cards, a pen, papers, etc.

Is it possible to find a cover just like this for the iPad Air 2? I've looked but so far can't find anything like this. It looks like Brookstone no longer makes iPad covers; at least there aren't any at the local store. The smart cover looks nice but I don't think it'll protect the Air 2 from being dropped on hard surfaces and it doesn't look like it will keep out the rain or dust.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_7156.JPG
IMG_7157.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7156.JPG
    IMG_7156.JPG
    934.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7157.JPG
    IMG_7157.JPG
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 325

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That type of case should be able to fit any of the 9.7" iPads, including the iPad Air 2. Have you tried putting the iPad Air 2 into the case to see how it fits?

OP
J

jsegovia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, scifan57! Yes, it fits but it's very loose in the case. I'm afraid if I dropped it, it would move around and get damaged. I certainly don't mean to but it seems I'm always dropping my iPhone and I did drop my old iPad many times.

Most reactions

Latest posts