What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any cases like the otterbox defender available now for iPad 2?

B.I.G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys looking for a case that covers The back if the Ipad only.

Doesn't even need to be as protective as the defender, I just want a case that covers/plugs the holes for the jack, charge port etc.

Most cases seem to be like book type covers.

Cheers.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's some 3rd party company and when you click on the Amazon link it says ships in 3-5 weeks. Otterbox's website isn't even selling them now, just says coming soon. My guess is those companies are guessing when it will be available and if it's longer than 5 weeks they'll probably just say oops.

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
That's some 3rd party company and when you click on the Amazon link it says ships in 3-5 weeks. Otterbox's website isn't even selling them now, just says coming soon. My guess is those companies are guessing when it will be available and if it's longer than 5 weeks they'll probably just say oops.

Otterbox just sent out the email that they are now shipping the Defender case for the ipad 2. Just placed my order...$97.00 with shipping. I'll let you know when I get it next week.

Macguy76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too just ordered an Otterbox Defender for iPad 2. I mainly ordered it for my wife as she uses her iPad at work, and it is warehouse environment. I will post pics as soon as it comes in!

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a coupon code @ otterbox and got it for 80 bucks with free shipping. Use coupon code tb0411u and it'll give you free shipping and 10% off.

Last edited:

firedog25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this site while googling "Otterbox Defender for iPad2", all of my Apple toys are wrapped in Otterbox Defender. That's a 3rd Gen iPod Touch, two iPhone 4s, and a first gen iPad. The defender is an awesome case which takes huge amounts of abuse.

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use their case on my iPhone and lov,e how durable it is. There are two things I don't like:

1. It is extremely difficult to get rid of the "oil slick" air bubbles under the screen and the baby powder workaround they recommend works only marginally.

2. Their case completely destroys the elegant look and feel of the iPad and iPhone. It makes them look line the utility devices that fed-ex and UPS carry around.

If you really need that kind of protection then I believe they are second to none... However, this protection comes at a cost.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Azvjc said:
Their case completely destroys the elegant look and feel of the iPad and iPhone. It makes them look line the utility devices that fed-ex and UPS carry around.

Exactly that - and actually seeing the Otterbox Defender on a colleague's iPad 1 and realizing how fugly it was, to me at least - was the deal breaker.

Most reactions

Latest posts