What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 5.1 date includes multitasking gestures for iPad 1

iPaReviews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally an update with the bugs fixed for battery, and now includes multi tasking gestures for iPad 1 users. It is pretty much aimed at fixing the iOS 5 release as it was a little buggy! As an iPad one user I really needed and update did you?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You haven't got it yet? Marie, you don't know how much fun I'm getting from this gestures thing. Small minds! That's me!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Danielle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 and have updated to 5.0.1 but I cannot get the multifinger gestures to work for me. However, I think I must sometimes do the "go to home screen" gesture by mistake, as I have a problem with my apps (usually mail or Internet) closing when I do not want them to. I figure that I am using the gesture without realizing it. So if anyone can describe the new gestures better than Apple so I can learn what to do, and not to do, I would appreciate it!

Danielle

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 and have updated to 5.0.1 but I cannot get the multifinger gestures to work for me. However, I think I must sometimes do the "go to home screen" gesture by mistake, as I have a problem with my apps (usually mail or Internet) closing when I do not want them to. I figure that I am using the gesture without realizing it. So if anyone can describe the new gestures better than Apple so I can learn what to do, and not to do, I would appreciate it!

Danielle

Hi, in order to be able to use the gestures on your iPad 1 you must enable them. Go to Settings>General>Multitasking Gestures and set it to on. Multitasking gestures use four or five fingers and can be used to bring up the multitaskbar by swiping up on the home screen, switching between apps on the bar by swiping left or right on the currently running app and a pinch on a running app screen to drop you back to the home screen. Have fun

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
B00bie! You were too quick for me, I was just going to tell them and you got in there faster!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts