What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 update error 4005

Status
Not open for further replies.

variszabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All,

I was buy a bad iPad 4, when I would like to upgrade itunes return error 4005. The seller said that, he has got same error. He has recieved this error first, when he would like to upgrade to iOS7.1.1bGM.
If I hold the power and home button for long time -> nothing happen.
If I hold the home button, open itunes and connect USB -> nothing happen.
The display always black (don't turn on).
I could put in DFU mode. When I would like to restore itunes: "Wait for iPad device" an I wait for around 10 minutes and recieve an itunes message: unknown error 4005.

Do you have any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of suggestions I have for you.

(1) First, you say you are trying to install the Gold Master version of iOS 7.1.1. That's kind of outdated - so have you tried using the simple "Restore" or "Upgrade" function in iTunes? That way, you'll get the most current version of iOS 7.1.1, the one Apple is actively signing. If not that, then

(2) Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

(3 There was a member on here who solved this problem by going and using [the latest version of] iTunes on a different computer. Don't know why that would work, but it did. Maybe try that?

That's all I have at the moment.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions