What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White writing on boot and errors 4005 and 4013

Crystian6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am from Italy so sorry for bad english!
I have got an Ipad 2 that has been stopped during an update via Itunes. From that moment, on the boot there is a white text-code on the background with the apple logo and it is in an endless bootloop. It can go into dfu mode and Itunes seems recognize it but when i try to restore it, it shows me 4005 or 4013 errors. Do you have some advices for me? Can i do something? Thank you very much!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Apple, you'll receive these errors when trying to upgrade and their solution is to

(1) Upgrade to the newest iTunes (current at version 12.1.x)

(2) Restart your computer

(3) Make sure your computer is up to date

(4) Restore using another USB cable and/or

(5) Restore the iPad on another computer

So, try that. I've seen that the problem usually is that an individual has an out-of-date iTunes. So, I recommend trying that step, first, then re-booting your computing.

Hopefully, this'll help. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
C

Crystian6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done this yet..i have replaced the cable, upgraded itunes and changed the usb port and the computer..it has not worked :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's all I've got. And, Apple's next suggestion (if all the above doesn't/didn't work) is to take the iPad to the Apple Store and see if they can help.

Sorry, but that's all I can offer: ask the Geniuses at an Apple Store for assistance. They've got different/better diagnostic tools tools and may be able to help.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts