What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 getting hot

keith500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a iPad 4 as my iPad 2 went faulty. But after a couple of hours with my iPad 4 I notice the bottom left is hot, the other areas are fine it's just the bottom left. This never happened with my iPad 2.

I'm not bothered but just want to know its a common thing for that area to get warm otherwise I will return this for. Replacement. If you put your iPad in a carry case cover type thing you likely won't notice, it has to be a naked iPad to notice probably.

Any advice would be great.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, depending on how you set the screen and what you are doing, it can get warm. I turned my screen up to full brightness once...put it on a table face down...and after 30 minutes the back was at 115deg F.

The iPad 3/4 have 4X the pixels and a larger battery than the 2. Hence, these devices have different thermal characteristics. Returning it, if it is working otherwise, will just get you the same thing. I suggest you try turing the brightness down to 30% or so.

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a iPad 4 as my iPad 2 went faulty. But after a couple of hours with my iPad 4 I notice the bottom left is hot, the other areas are fine it's just the bottom left. This never happened with my iPad 2.

I'm not bothered but just want to know its a common thing for that area to get warm otherwise I will return this for. Replacement. If you put your iPad in a carry case cover type thing you likely won't notice, it has to be a naked iPad to notice probably.

Any advice would be great.

As mentioned, it's perfectly normal......display intensity does make a big difference.

I have mine in the ZAGG Folio KB case so don't notice heat at all. But, even without it's not a big issue IMHO.
Built in hand warmer. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts