iPad 4 also with yellow tint on display :-(

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by DaxFX, Nov 30, 2012.

1. scott_R1

scott_R1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    DaxFX, this is a China quality issue and nothing more. Take it up with Apple and leave it there. The Steve Jobs stuff is really stupid and should have never been posted. It's not a conspiracy, it just happens when a bad batch ends up on the store shelves. Sorry it happened to you but all the drama isn't necessary.

2. DaxFX

DaxFX
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have not make any drama, i just posted my experience and a short comment, i dont get it why you guys got ofended, do a search for the yellowish screen issue you will found lots and lots of issues on all retina apple products,

But sorry if i do offend some of you, was not my intention im also an apple fan that is why i want steve jobs back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Steve's dead, so he's not coming back. There have been issues with the retina display right from the get go. It's an incredibly complex piece of equipment, and we've had plenty of feedback on the subject.

The short answer is take it back to your supplier, and keep doing so, until you get one that is up to standard. Apple want satisfied customers, so they will honor their warranty. Apple is not one man, and never was.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Yellow tint was a prob even before retina screen. You can do a search and find those stories, too.

Personally, I don't worship at the altar of Steve Jobs, and I wasn't offended. I just thought your linking the screen probs to him was silly.

5. DaxFX

DaxFX
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Im not linking my issue to him, i just told was better with him,

Ok this has gone far, any moderator close this thread please, my apologies i never try to start a debate about steve i just want to let know yellowish screen still an issue in ipad 4. Close this please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, apologies for mentioning him in my post.

Rather than close the thread, let's stick to the OPs original wishes and concentrate on the screen discoloration issues. No more references to the late Steve Jobs in this thread, please.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. dp118

dp118
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Back to the original issue, I just received and checked my iPad 4 display. No imperfections, no LCD screen edge bleed. No yellow tint or overly warm temperature. In fact the display is clear white, likely a cooler temperature screen. I tried an iPad 3 last May and the screen temperature was too warm, too yellow, to my liking so I returned it. I've waited till now and glad I did. It's very much like my original iPad One but with a great retina display. So there are iPad 4 screens out here with cooler temp screens.