What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the yellow screen go away?

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a replacement iPad 2 last week due the sound going bad on my original iPad 2, and the screen on this new one has a yellow tint to it. I did a Google search on it and some say it goes away, some say it doesn't. Couldn't really find a solid answer here. If its a defect, I would like to take it back, again. What do you guys think?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has two different suppliers for the iPad2 screens and it appears as though this is the source of the slightly differing colour tint according to reports from several Members. So it seems unlikely it will go away; it's simply a difference between the screens manufactured by the two suppliers.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on the yellow going away. I've had my iPad 2 since April and it's as yellow as on the first day. Doesn't bother me, but it's clearly yellow compared with my iPad 1. My husband's iPad 1 is just as yellow. He doesn't care, either. As Tim says, it seems to be a supplier difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts