What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4.2.1 redsn0w jb, won't boot

aaron00773

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Dannyboy 85 it worked for me. all others should follow the same.
one advice for guys with 4.2.1 version......our greatest mistake was to upgrade to 4.2.1 from 4.1. lets give up jailbreaking till the unteathered jailbreak becomes available.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Dannyboy 85 it worked for me. all others should follow the same.
one advice for guys with 4.2.1 version......our greatest mistake was to upgrade to 4.2.1 from 4.1. lets give up jailbreaking till the unteathered jailbreak becomes available.

There was no 4.1 for iPad. So it's either 4.2.1 or 3.2.2. .

I honestly don't see the big deal with the iPad having a tethered jb right now. I have had it for weeks now... it has never needed a spontaneous reboot nor do has my iPad's battery every run down completely.

Moreover, the tethered nature has nothing to do with the issue of needing to run redsn0w in compatibility mode.

Michael

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you reboot using jailbreak program do you lose all your data again or can you actually retain anything?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't lose anything if you reboot with redsn0w.

Michael

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i recently jailbroken my ipad 4.2.1 using redsn0w. However, when I went out today, it ran out of battery, so i charged it when i reached home.

It is now stuck with the apple logo, and won't boot up. I know i must use redsn0w to boot it, but i can't off the ipad for it to enter DFU mode. I tried using the home/lock button 10 sec, but it resets the ipad rather than turning it off.

Can anyone please help get my ipad back up and running please?

Thanks.

I had the same problem. Just do the boot tethered and when you get to the countdown thing, just do the countdown. Even though you have an apple logo, redsnow does the reset. But it won't work the first time. After you do the first boot tethered attempt redsnow won't detect your iPad. So close out redsnow. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR IPAD!!!! Start redsnow again and do the boot tethered again. It shouldn't do a countdown, it should just go directly to booting your iPad.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i recently jailbroken my ipad 4.2.1 using redsn0w. However, when I went out today, it ran out of battery, so i charged it when i reached home.

It is now stuck with the apple logo, and won't boot up. I know i must use redsn0w to boot it, but i can't off the ipad for it to enter DFU mode. I tried using the home/lock button 10 sec, but it resets the ipad rather than turning it off.

Can anyone please help get my ipad back up and running please?

Thanks.

I had the same problem. Just do the boot tethered and when you get to the countdown thing, just do the countdown. Even though you have an apple logo, redsnow does the reset. But it won't work the first time. After you do the first boot tethered attempt redsnow won't detect your iPad. So close out redsnow. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR IPAD!!!! Start redsnow again and do the boot tethered again. It shouldn't do a countdown, it should just go directly to booting your iPad.

His problem was already solved.
Well... It worked the first time for me?? Maybe you just did something wrong.

Bushra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I've upgraded my IPAD to 4.2.1 few weeks ago, and it's having a tethered JB right now using redsn0w,
Sometimes installous freezes while downloading a programs, and the only way to fix that problem was to use reboot the device using redsnow.

Most reactions

Latest posts