What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3g Unlock?

cjtkd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Excuse what might seem to be a noob question, but is it possible to unlock an Ipad 3g? I've got it Jailbroken but I'm having trouble finding details on how to unlock the device. Having unlocked my Iphones just fine, I wondered what the situation RE Ipad's was??

Thanks

wxman2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your ipad 3G should already be unlocked if it is a GSM version. Just switch sim cards and go into setting on your ipad and go into cellular data to set up.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP might have bought a subsidized iPad, locked to a carrier like Orange. AFAIK, there's no unlocking one of those.

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cjtkd said:
Hi,
Excuse what might seem to be a noob question, but is it possible to unlock an Ipad 3g? I've got it Jailbroken but I'm having trouble finding details on how to unlock the device. Having unlocked my Iphones just fine, I wondered what the situation RE Ipad's was??

Thanks

If you brought the iPad at a discounted rate because you got it with a Data Plan, you cannot unlock it, it will be locked with the Network you got it from

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wapanstore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The SIM in the 3G iPad is of a goofy size. It's about half the size of a normal SIM, so if you want to use any other, you need to physically cut one up to fit.

ckxion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ref post above about Orange iPads could be locked. I buy used iPhones often. o2 is always easy to unlock. Orange is a waste of time, Vodafone is difficult. I am considering buying a used 3G iPad. I contacted o2 via Chat. They tell me that all ipads are unlocked and will take any sim (I presume they mean those supplied by o2). Does anyone disagree with this. What are peoples knowledge of other UK networks regarding locked / unlocked iPads?

Thanks CKxion

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ref post above about Orange iPads could be locked. I buy used iPhones often. o2 is always easy to unlock. Orange is a waste of time, Vodafone is difficult. I am considering buying a used 3G iPad. I contacted o2 via Chat. They tell me that all ipads are unlocked and will take any sim (I presume they mean those supplied by o2). Does anyone disagree with this. What are peoples knowledge of other UK networks regarding locked / unlocked iPads?

Thanks CKxion

This thread is from 2011.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input; we always appreciate members helping each other out.

However, this is an old thread. Either the original poster has found the answer elsewhere or has moved on.

Therefore, this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts