1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad unlock from Apple question

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by eklipse, Jan 12, 2012.

1. eklipse

eklipse iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, Ipad and iphone are the same as far as unlocks right? So, I just got my iphone/ipad unlocked by apple due to completing my 2-year contract with a certain provider. Now my question is after I unlock the iphone/ipad which it did after doing a restore to IOS 5.01, will I be able to jailbreak the said iphone/ipad and still keep the unlock? kinda of confusing to understand but i'm pretty sure most of the admin and veteran forum understand what i'm trying to ask. anyways, thanks for anyone who can help me with this. I'm just worried since my iphone/ipad is already unlocked, i might loose it after I jailbreak it and won't be able to unlock again through apple itunes. thanks...
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    You cannot lock a factory / officially unlocked device by restoring it. You have nothing to worry about. If your iPad is unlocked it will remain so.
  3. eklipse

eklipse iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so its safe to say I can still jailbreak and my device will still be unlocked...