What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 rare stuck in low/empty battery icon

Kevbene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have change the digitizer of this iPad 3 and when I assembly it again it got stuck on this:
It has been charging for hours and nothing.
I don't even know how to search for this..
Hard reset won't work
The only thing that I can do is put it on DFU mode but since I don't have a backup and I'm not sure that is going to work if I restore(cause that loop is weird) I'm trying other options.

I would really appreciate your help!

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was the battery dead, before you replaced the digitizer? Did you have the logic board removed at any time during the repair?

Check the dock connector for any debris or damage. I would also recommend opening the iPad to make sure the dock connector is still connected to the logic board . Check around the LCD and digitizer connectors as well, to make sure any small components weren't damaged during the repair.

OP
Kevbene

Kevbene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to disconnect the battery cause when I assemble it the lcd wasn't working but now is all connected properly..

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, make sure the battery and logic board are connected properly as well as your dock connector. You will also need to check the tiny components near both areas to make sure that nothing was damaged or knocked off (which unfortunately is the likely culprit).

OP
Kevbene

Kevbene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything is connected properly but I disassembly it again and I took out the motherboard and I assembly it again and the problem persist. Should I try to restore on DFU?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can try DFU but I really don t think it will help. I'm thinking there is board level damage or maybe the battery needs to be replaced. Though if the battery wasn't acting up before you opened it up , then board damage is more likely.

OP
Kevbene

Kevbene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I solved the problem puting the iPad in DFU and restoring it. Now is full funtional. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts