IPAD 3.2.2 Exchange Requirements

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Feldhege, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Feldhege

Feldhege iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone, So I got an iPad for work. I am the IT Manager for our company so I have access to everything. I have several phones syncing with ActiveSync to our Exchange 2003 SP2 server. Even have Blackberry server working. But for the life of me, I cannot get this iPad to work. It is a 16gb wifi only version. It is running 3.2.2 which Itunes tellls me is the latest version. It is connected to our wifi network and I can browse websites inside and outside of our domain. No matter how I setup the setting, it just tells me unable to veryify account. So my question is: What are the requirements for the ipad to use Activesync. I would really hate to wait until next spring when our Exchange upgrade is scheduled. I know that you have seen this question a thousand times but I have searched here and on google and can't seem to find any answers to help me get this working. Robb

2. Timmah

Timmah iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. Feldhege

Feldhege iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah. That is why I was thinking it may have to do with the exchange requirements. Maybe something that Apple requires that Android and Windows Mobile don't. Firewall port, protocol, etc.

As for the guide, I did find that while searching. I read it but it didn't seem to have any information that I hadn't tried already.

Robb

4. Jane

Jane iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it asking you for the server? I put in my office server's ip address and that solved the problem for me.