What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting mail from ipad from exchange server

KLS80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a first time poster to this forum and was wanting some help with my work email. Our email is through an exchange server. When we access our emails on the ipad and delete the emails, I would like the copy on the server to stay on there. I know there is an option for regular email to not delete from server. But there isnt an option for this for my exchange email address.... Any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KLS80 said:
Hi all,

I'm a first time poster to this forum and was wanting some help with my work email. Our email is through an exchange server. When we access our emails on the ipad and delete the emails, I would like the copy on the server to stay on there. I know there is an option for regular email to not delete from server. But there isnt an option for this for my exchange email address.... Any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks

A mod to your exchange account by your IT support team may be able to stop the deletes from replicating but by default it is a behavior that is normal and expected when synchronization is active.

To my knowledge their is no iPad setting that can be used to stop this behavior on a synchronized account.

G

Grytpype

I am guessing you just want to clear your inbox of emails you have read/answered, without deleting them, so you can file them somewhere later when you get back to your PC.

Solution: use your PC to create a new sub-folder in your inbox (make sure it's a sub-folder of your inbox, so it will appear at the top of the folder list). Call this folder "temp" or "hide" or whatever you like (you can create several different ones if you want, for different categories).

This new folder(s) will then appear on your iPad and you can just move the files into there (use the the left-hand of the four buttons on the toolbar, next to the trash button.) That way the files will no longer be cluttering your inbox but they will be available for filing etc later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions