What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access to ms/exchange server requires proxy settings

westend115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We outsourced our ms/exchange server.

So to setup my exchange account a have to enter server info for a proxy.

However I don't see how to do this on the ipad!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing iPad is similar to iPhone. When you first set up an Exchange account you enter very basic info and it then tries and fails to test the connection. At this point it asks if you want to input further "detail" and here can set proxy, full name of Exchange server etc

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should probably be answering a question, rather than posing another one, along the same line. I'd be interested to know if there is a setting, within the Exchange Setup, to set proxy. I would have thought that this would have been part of the wi-fi setup, at the bottom of the setup page where you enter proxy information. So you'd setup your wi-fi connection to access the internet through a proxy server, then when the Exchange client starts on the device, it uses the proxy information from that provided in the wi-fi setup. We've found that many of the apps (both home screen and from the Appstore) are not "proxy-aware"; that is, they were written with the assumption that you have a direct pipeline to the internet and thus choke when a proxy login is required. Our Exchange server is within our firewall so I can't test this.

Most reactions

Latest posts