What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2nd Gen Broken glass no display.

stanley514

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad with broken glass with no display. I-tunes recognizes it and asks to update OS. Could the LCD be bad or is it a Logic board? Is there any way to test the parts? This ipad is a surprise gift for My kid if I can make it run. I can not afford a working Ipad so I bought a broken one with the hopes of repairing it. I have replaced the glass on Ipads, Iphones,Itouchs and other cell phones.
Thanks Guys
Stanley514

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a ipad with broken glass with no display. I-tunes recognizes it and asks to update OS. Could the LCD be bad or is it a Logic board? Is there any way to test the parts? This ipad is a surprise gift for My kid if I can make it run. I can not afford a working Ipad so I bought a broken one with the hopes of repairing it. I have replaced the glass on Ipads, Iphones,Itouchs and other cell phones.
Thanks Guys
Stanley514
Hello Stanley and welcome to the forum. I've always admired people who can work with their hands to try to solve problems like this. So that you will get better exposure and hopefully assistance to your enquiry, I have moved your thread to the iPad DIY sub-forum,
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts