What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Screen UV Bonded ?

Tascam424

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to throw this one out there and see if any body had any experience with iPad 2 Screen Repair.

I have replaced nearly 100 iPad 2 screeens, when i say screen i mean glass, all have had fully functioning Displays.

Today i came across something a little strange. A fully UV bonded iPad 2 screen ? I went about my usual procedure for removing the old glass, but wondered why it wouldn't lift of, and the answer being that every inch of the glass was UV bonded to the LCD.

I have worked with UV bonding before on other devices, so thats not a problem, the problem is ive just never seen an iPad 2 UV bonded before and this was sold as brand new !!

Could this be a reconditioned model or has anybody else experienced brand new iPad 2's with UV bonding ?

Thanks for any input !!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to throw this one out there and see if any body had any experience with iPad 2 Screen Repair.

I have replaced nearly 100 iPad 2 screeens, when i say screen i mean glass, all have had fully functioning Displays.

Today i came across something a little strange. A fully UV bonded iPad 2 screen ? I went about my usual procedure for removing the old glass, but wondered why it wouldn't lift of, and the answer being that every inch of the glass was UV bonded to the LCD.

I have worked with UV bonding before on other devices, so thats not a problem, the problem is ive just never seen an iPad 2 UV bonded before and this was sold as brand new !!

Could this be a reconditioned model or has anybody else experienced brand new iPad 2's with UV bonding ?

Thanks for any input !!

G'day Tascam and welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread to the iPad DIY forum where you are more likely to get a response.
Enjoy your membership here!:)
Regards, Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm. I know that the newest iPad models have bonded screens and displays. A big deal was made of it, because it reduces the apparent deapth (though glass) of the display (because the glass can be thinner).

I suppose it's possible that Apple has updated the iPad 2 models this way without any fanfare. After all, at some point it becomes cheaper to have one process with slightly higher manufacturing costs than two separate processes each with their own associated costs.

Just speculating. I don't actually know anything.

Most reactions

Latest posts