What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, thanks for that! I thought I had stumbled into another thread! Loads of silly people stumble onto the oldies lately. Hmm! Well done Gab!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Anyone know what Marie is on about??? Lost? Hello Richard. I was getting to the point where I was talking to myself or Shahinul. As for Gab, he's forgotten us lesser folks. Mods are a bit snobby!

It was good to read a post from Gabriel on another thread. I thought he was hibernating. Lol

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did nobody tell you, I curl up into a ball under a pile of leaves at this time of year, I don't come out until Easter!

The Archangel

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Did nobody tell you, I curl up into a ball under a pile of leaves at this time of year, I don't come out until Easter!

The Archangel

Prickly :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah! He needs to be prodded way more than we do! Im pleased to see he knows we are still here . He never talks on our threads anymore because he's too busy or he's forgotten us! Yep! Our buddy has forgotten his original mates! Sigh! Never mind Richard, we can comfort each other instead! How are you? I'm glad it's the weekend. I forgot to order the chimney sweep so he's coming next week. Can't wait for my fire to start. Why do I have the fire starter song in my head!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are well, and enjoying life. However, we do forget at times that we are older now. Our bodies tell us with aches and pains. My dear wife will overdo working in the garden and gets really tired.however, our minds remain young!I guess that ties in with your thoughts on other threadsHayley.

I must stop, and get ready for a 9.00 a.m. Meeting with friends at Costa in the Glades shopping centre. The coffee shop faces Santa's Grotto which doesn't look too grotty as it has anew theme for this year! Purple elves and snowmen! Lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww! I love those displays! My kids are too old for that now but Santa visits were much fancied at one time. Our favourite was going on the steam train to visit Santa in his grotto on the next train station. Sherry and mince pies and coffee were the order of the day. Brings back many memories. Have fun at your meeting Richard.

Hayley

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice to see some action.

I love this time of year. Would never hibernate during Autumn/Winter. Just planning for Xmas. Don't know what to get anyone. Wife is gonna be hardest, my usual tactic is to create a wish list over the year through all our outings together, but now that she is 2800 miles away, creating a list is a little hard.

What do you get a 20 year old boy, a 15 & 7 year old girls and the wife who has me for a hubby ???

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that is hard! Especially from others. You have to know their tastes, likes and dislikes etc... My girls like jewellery, games (Wii, PC and apps), books, clothing, shoes, make up etc... Boys love gadgets. A lot of my students want the iPad, iPod or iPhone and of course their android equivalents. My girls had a lot spent on them last year - laptop and TV and because money is tight, they will be getting stocking fillers mainly. I love all the feelings you get when you hear carols, see decorations and lights, snow etc... Money isn't everything.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had an early Christmas treat today. A workmates took me to The ATP Indoor Tennis final today at The O2. Got to watch the men's doubles and singles final. I watched Federer win in his 100th career final over Tsonga in 3 sets. Took some cool pics.

Will try and upload a few.

Also in the crowd were Boris Johnson (looking as dapper as ever), Pippa Middleton, Cristiano Ronaldo, Boris Becker made an early appearance as well as a few others (not really up to date with the celebs scene really).

Great games though.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Had an early Christmas treat today. A workmates took me to The ATP Indoor Tennis final today at The O2. Got to watch the men's doubles and singles final. I watched Federer win in his 100th career final over Tsonga in 3 sets. Took some cool pics.

Will try and upload a few.

Also in the crowd were Boris Johnson (looking as dapper as ever), Pippa Middleton, Cristiano Ronaldo, Boris Becker made an early appearance as well as a few others (not really up to date with the celebs scene really).

Great games though.

That was some treat "..cool". I'm not a tennis fan, I cannot focus on a tennis ball, but can appreciate what this outing meant to you.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reminds me of a friend who went to a Dylan concert this week and enjoyed it.

What ruined it for him was not the broken voice but the presence of our Dear Leader the PM, aka Iggle Piggle......

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Ha Ha! Glad you enjoyed it Shahinul. Have you bought any prezzies yet?

If only I were that organised. I say leave it til the last minute. That way through guilt shopping the family often end up with stupidly expensive pressies. They like it and there is much less headache for me.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coward! Where is the fun in that? I am on-lining again this year.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts