What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try tvcatchup app. That has a few more. There is also channel 4 and 5 app. Demand 5 app and 4oD Catch Up. ITV player app as well.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tell me what a Kuwait Xmas is in our "Everything to do with Christmas" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well. I've made mince pies 70+, the Xmas pudding is ready and I'm going to tidy up the house for the guests tomorrow. Hubby and my eldest are working and get back around 3pm - 4pm depending on how busy the Sherborne market is. Then he's off until the 3rd of January. Whoopee do! I hate being alone in the holidays without him.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
I Kuwait for a "traditional" Christmas.

Is this where you are now?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish Shahinul would get back to us and tell us how his Christmas was! What did his wife give him? Where are you musketeer?

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry gang. Have been away for a while. Was reading threads regularly but not posting. Christmas went well. The family are great. I am back in the UK now and missing then so much again. Still you can't complain....it's the choice we made.

Christmas in the desert is a novel experience. It was very cold though. Wife needed layers and jackets, I pretended to be tough in shorts and a t-shirt (men are such morons).

Santa was great, family loved all their presents. I was the most spoilt by all of them, who says Santa is just for kids?

My list of goodies included:

Gucci shirt - silly wife but well done
Louis Vuitton epi-leather wallet - silly wife but well done, now if only I had the cash to put in it.
Swarovski cuff-links - silly wife
Apple TV - good boy
Griffin iPad / iPod charger with key/coin tray - good sister-in-law
iPad tripod stand - griffin - good daughter
iPad joystick - silly daughter
iPad laser bluetooth keyboard - silly daughter
2 new suits tailor made - with iPad pocket - good wife
1 new blazer tailor made - with iPad pocket - good wife

But best of all......loads of time with my wife (ok, just 14 days, but it was the longest stretch of time we have had together in 18 months).

And there is my birthday in 4 days with as yet sealed presents to open.

Anyway, hope you all had the best of times and your Christmas desires were equally fulfilled.

Happy New Year to all of you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How lovely to read all that and my, you were certainly spoilt by a family who obviously adore you as you just as obviously adore them!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great to hear from you Shahinul and with a super post.

I trust the cold conditions were only at night.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that sounds like you had a good time! And a birthday too! It's my brothers birthday today but he lives in SA. I will be face timing or skyping him later. Missed you Shahinul! All for one and one for all!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Sorry gang. Have been away for a while. Was reading threads regularly but not posting. Christmas went well. The family are great. I am back in the UK now and missing then so much again. Still you can't complain....it's the choice we made.

Christmas in the desert is a novel experience. It was very cold though. Wife needed layers and jackets, I pretended to be tough in shorts and a t-shirt (men are such morons).

Santa was great, family loved all their presents. I was the most spoilt by all of them, who says Santa is just for kids?

My list of goodies included:

Gucci shirt - silly wife but well done
Louis Vuitton epi-leather wallet - silly wife but well done, now if only I had the cash to put in it.
Swarovski cuff-links - silly wife
Apple TV - good boy
Griffin iPad / iPod charger with key/coin tray - good sister-in-law
iPad tripod stand - griffin - good daughter
iPad joystick - silly daughter
iPad laser bluetooth keyboard - silly daughter
2 new suits tailor made - with iPad pocket - good wife
1 new blazer tailor made - with iPad pocket - good wife

But best of all......loads of time with my wife (ok, just 14 days, but it was the longest stretch of time we have had together in 18 months).

And there is my birthday in 4 days with as yet sealed presents to open.

Anyway, hope you all had the best of times and your Christmas desires were equally fulfilled.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Very nice!! What do you do for a living that keeps you away from your family?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly my wife and I are currently working in different countries. She is in Kuwait and I in the UK. Hopefully she will be back in June. But there is a small chance her contract may be extended by 12 months for daughters schooling. I hope not.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, that sounds like you had a good time! And a birthday too! It's my brothers birthday today but he lives in SA. I will be face timing or skyping him later. Missed you Shahinul! All for one and one for all!

All for one and one for all. Hope you had a great Xmas.

Most reactions

Latest posts