What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad users in UK - official dedicated thread

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some chap in another thread is having issues with viber on the iPad. It has always worked for me. Hope he finds his answer soon.

I still can't change my avatar pic.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jon rosser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itv catchup

Ok I can watch BBC rough inlayer and channel 4 through the 4 iPad app but what about itv catch up? tv catchup gives you live tv but how do I catch up on my missed soap episodes?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jon rosser said:
Ok I can watch BBC rough inlayer and channel 4 through the 4 iPad app but what about itv catch up? tv catchup gives you live tv but how do I catch up on my missed soap episodes?

Itv doesn't have an app? You can't use the flash browser as they work by directing the content via non-UK domains so the Itv rejects it.

One solution is to install Splashtop on your iPad and pc, and watch it on iPad via your pc. You should be able to do this where ever you and your iPad are in the world, providing your pc is in UK.

hazy2k11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me be the first to post, some of this is copied from my original post.

My iPad 2 crashed (major crash) for the first time ever yesterday also, I had to let the battery die before it would restart, a hard reset would not work, it was thankfully a short lived concern, should I mention it to apple or watch and wait ?

I would defo mention to apple

Also my iPad 1 (which now belongs to the wife) would not accept the new os update....server kept timing out, what was that about.

I had this problem with my ipad and my old pc turned out my pc had too many usb devices in and usb controller was failing rather than the ipad

Finally, my iPad 1 & 2 which on the same PC are recognised as different, for the first time yesterday became merged with apps, what is going on in the universe????

Could this be your sync the same apple account on 2 different devices?

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

hazy2k11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jon rosser said:

Itv doesn't have an app? You can't use the flash browser as they work by directing the content via non-UK domains so the Itv rejects it.

One solution is to install Splashtop on your iPad and pc, and watch it on iPad via your pc. You should be able to do this where ever you and your iPad are in the world, providing your pc is in UK.

I use catchup tv on my ipad

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we not have general discussion in this one please?!

Just stuff to do with iPads and iPad Users. Nobody wants to know what you did during the day or what you had for breakfast. I know that sounds harsh but it's quite annoying!

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hazy2k11 said:
Let me be the first to post, some of this is copied from my original post.

Could this be your sync the same apple account on 2 different devices?

Hope this helps

Oh that is helpful....yes they both are, but I have not had this issue before.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:

Just stuff to do with iPads and iPad Users. Nobody wants to know what you did during the day or what you had for breakfast. I know that sounds harsh but it's quite annoying!

I suppose you are right. This thread was set up for official iPad related chatter. Thankfully the team have given us a whole "off topic" section now so we should respect this thread a little more......oh gosh, who said that ? Me ? Really ? Must be maturing. Let's chat on the other threads guys, all for one....and one for all!( Although on this thread I haven't seen much of what you are describing).

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that us correct all chit chat stuff must be done in off-topic section we modified the rules to allow that. The real purpose of this thread is for ipad related issues that are relevant to your location which in this case uk I suggest other support issues use our help forums.
I am in the process of adding 6 more countries Inc French Chinese Greek etc for same purpose all in native language. The purpose of this is to help users as said above to maybe get answers faster

Hope that helps

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree. Very annoying. That is why this thread was created ~ not for menus and activities.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts