Ipad 2 stuttering

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by blackfilm, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfilm

blackfilm
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello, i've checked the forum and googled for this but couldn't find anything similar. I've had my ipad 2 for a little more than a month. I've jailbroken it when absinthe came out, and after a while, like a week or so, it started stuttering, lagging and so on. I thought it's cause of the jailbreak or the apps i've got installed, so I restored it, and nothing really changed it's still the same. To be more precise where the stuttering occurs:

When scrolling through the springboard there's mostly a small stutter seen, then when reaching the spotlight it always lags for a sec till the search appears.
    All apps have this problem, extreme stutter and lag is seen with apps that are more graphics intensive. The Weather Channel for example, when scrollling through the forecast it's always stuttering at first, then starts working a little smoother. How Stuff Works - is laggy all through out. With the imdb app when going to other sites, it's always stuttering for like 5 sec till it's fully loaded. The only app that works almost flawlessly is Safari, but it still exibits a slight stutter here and there.

This didn't happen before the device was jailbroken, does the jailbreak do anything to the hardware, that even restoring it doesn't help? Or is the device broken, and I should take it back?

Hope anyone has any advice.

2. nammi

nammi
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    is it not this thread will be better posted in the hacking section where all the hacking expertise moderator can find the answers to your problem ..

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Very good point, nammi.

Blackfilm: I've closed this one, since you already have one in the Hacking section. Please, don't post multiple threads on the same concern/question. It fragments the conversation, making it hard to follow. Plus, it's against the rules. Thanks for your understanding and please, follow your other thread where, hopefully, others will be along to help.

Marilyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.