What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 stuttering

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i've checked the forum and googled for this but couldn't find anything similar. I've had my ipad 2 for a little more than a month. I've jailbroken it when absinthe came out, and after a while, like a week or so, it started stuttering, lagging and so on. I thought it's cause of the jailbreak or the apps i've got installed, so I restored it, and nothing really changed it's still the same. To be more precise where the stuttering occurs:

When scrolling through the springboard there's mostly a small stutter seen, then when reaching the spotlight it always lags for a sec till the search appears.
All apps have this problem, extreme stutter and lag is seen with apps that are more graphics intensive. The Weather Channel for example, when scrollling through the forecast it's always stuttering at first, then starts working a little smoother. How Stuff Works - is laggy all through out. With the imdb app when going to other sites, it's always stuttering for like 5 sec till it's fully loaded. The only app that works almost flawlessly is Safari, but it still exibits a slight stutter here and there.

This didn't happen before the device was jailbroken, does the jailbreak do anything to the hardware, that even restoring it doesn't help? Or is the device broken, and I should take it back?

I've tried respringing, shutting it off for the night, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any advice on what else i should try? :/

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say that you have a tweak installed on your iPad2 that is not quite working properly, or is not compatible with another tweak you've got installed. Or, one or more of your tweaks may be a huge RAM hog, so your iPad2 is getting bogged down.

Could you list your installed jail break tweaks? That way, the more experienced JBers can take a virtual look at your set-up and hopefully see what installed items could be causing your lag.

Marilyn

OP
B

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Mickey. Well, it's not even jailbroken now, and it's still lagging. Maybe it's some hardware problem, or can it be that restore didn't erase everything?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, now that it's back to "stock" and given that we can't actually see the stuttering behavior...

...I'd take it in for a quick look by the Geniuses at the Apple Store. They can actually put "eyes on" your stutter and tell you whether it's normal or not. You don't have to tell them it was once jail broken because, now that it's stock, it's a moot point - with a fresh install of the iOS, it's as if you never jail broke.

I've not experienced this issue (I don't see a "stuttering," even with my JB'd iPad), so this is about the best advice I can give you. Sorry. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
B

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I thought the same thing, but I simply didn't want to leave it to them, I could get it back in even worse shape, and ofcourse I'm not too keen being without it, I do alot of things with it. It's kinda strange, that noone is experiencing this. Anyways, thanks for the response :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly not normal behaviour, and for the avoidance of doubt a restore cannot leave traces of anything behind.

Also, you don't normally leave your device at the Apple Store. They take a look at it and if it is defective they replace it on the spot, so a trip there is recommended.

Most reactions

Latest posts