What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 screen

Vicseadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After two weeks with my ipad I noticed that screen bezel near home button started to lift up. Apple store exchanged my Ipad and now it appears that I have the same issue on the new one as well but this time is near the camera. What really gets me is that Apple will replae the unit with refurbish one. Is anybody having the same issue?

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
What really gets me is that Apple will replae the unit with refurbish one.

what makes you say it's refurbished? perhaps it's just a brand new unit suffering the same problems. sounds like the batch was faulty. other people have reported the same issues.

i personally have 2 minor screen light bleeds. nothing to write home about, but common defects all the same.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 3G looks like its starting to come away from the screen along the top edge (the black part - 3G aerial?, so I will keep an eye on it.

I can press down on the top edge and the gap closes. Early days yet, so I will see how it goes, but I don't want to be given a refurbished unit :(

Also, I have 2 or 3 tiny specs of dust under the glass which were not there when I first got it - one looks like its a tiny chip, but there is no way that I have done anything to get one, plus I can't feel it, so that has to be under the glass too :(

Last edited:
OP
V

Vicseadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O yes it will be refubish one, Apple store in Sherway Gardens called me that they have repalcement for me so I rushed to the store and when I inspected the unit was actually worse then my existing one. I refuse it and now they sending me to Apple store in Buffalo where I bought my original Ipad so they will try to replace it with new unit.

OP
V

Vicseadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it apears that Apple admits to this issue as I was visiting Genius bar in Buffalo. They will replace my unit with brand new one with rectified issue. Apple rocks, Im happy.

cemturc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, i have the same issue around the speaker side. it does really bother me, however there is not any concrete affect in eeriencing the gadget. i hope it won't never.. neverthless i will stop by in a premium seller ask their advise.

KJSP89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im also having the issue of screen lift, I've fixed a few of these at the shop i work at and I've had two back a few weeks later, the problem is mainly near where the digitizer cable sits, and on the top right side, anyone know any tips i can use to help keep the screen from lifting?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KJSP89 said:
Hi everyone, im also having the issue of screen lift, I've fixed a few of these at the shop i work at and I've had two back a few weeks later, the problem is mainly near where the digitizer cable sits, and on the top right side, anyone know any tips i can use to help keep the screen from lifting?

Your screen and digitizer were probably not installed exactly right. A properly installed screen and digitizer should not lift up as yours does. You may have to re-install them.

Most reactions

Latest posts