What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refurbished iPad 2 apps crashing all the time!

Dragonborn1775

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined iPad Forums just to post this.
I bought a new ipad 2 just after its release date. It was working just perfectly. Everything was going nice. But one day I accidentally dropped it on the floor and its glass shattered mostly near the home button. Then I gave it for repairs to an authorized apple device fixing shop of some kind, and after two weeks I got my new refurbished ipad 2. Then I synced it and backed up all my data from my older iPad's backup. And when I started to use it, I sensed a small awkwardness in using it. When I was playing Real Racing 3, it suddenly crashed. I checked on safari about what the heck is going on but I couldn't find it. And a while after safari crashed. Then whatever app i opened up, either pre-installed or downloaded, it started crashing at startup. When I googled for a fix (again), there was one common fix everywhere. It was to reset the device by holding the sleep/power button and the home button together until the screen turned off and the apple logo showed up. But that didnt fix the problem even after several resets. I tried restoring the device, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem either. So, any ideas? Should I give it back for another refurbished device or is there something else that can fix it?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With that many issues, I would be taking it back. It doesn't sound good. You just got a lemon, from the sound of things.

Do a backup before you take it back so you can set up your new one from the backup if the Apple Store replaces it on the spot.

OP
D

Dragonborn1775

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With that many issues, I would be taking it back. It doesn't sound good. You just got a lemon, from the sound of things.

Do a backup before you take it back so you can set up your new one from the backup if the Apple Store replaces it on the spot.
Thanks for the reply! I'll try to give it back as soon as possible!

OP
D

Dragonborn1775

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i gave my ipad back and after a pretty long time, i got it back... IT STILL HAS THE SAME ISSUE!!!:(

i have recently checking other threads and i find it weird that many ipad 2 users have the exact same problem! its too specific for it to happen to too many devices...

D

Deleted member 247820

You should do a full factory reset.
There is a chance your "backup" has a problem and you keep importing it.

OP
D

Dragonborn1775

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should do a full factory reset.
There is a chance your "backup" has a problem and you keep importing it.

then what about my data?
i've been thinking about this recently, that maybe its a software issue! because too many ipad 2 users have been reporting this issue, and its not like apple could roll out thousands of ipad 2's with the same issue. its too specific.
so maybe upating to ios 7, when it comes out, might fix this...

D

Deleted member 247820

You said you had your iPad synced from an older iPad data.

So can you do that again after a full factory type reset?

OP
D

Dragonborn1775

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so what if i set up my ipad as a new device and then downloaded all my apps fresh from the app store?
but then how will i be able to get the data for those apps back?
can i do it with icloud?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so what if i set up my ipad as a new device and then downloaded all my apps fresh from the app store?
but then how will i be able to get the data for those apps back?
can i do it with icloud?

If you play a lot of games connected to Game Center, that data should transfer from Game Center after you've done a complete refresh of your device and redownloaded them from the App Store and signed in to GC.

OP
D

Dragonborn1775

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you play a lot of games connected to Game Center, that data should transfer from Game Center after you've done a complete refresh of your device and redownloaded them from the App Store and signed in to GC.

but how can game center transfer save games?

Most reactions

Latest posts