iPad 2 Screen Recording Program for PC?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Hopper200456, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hopper200456

Hopper200456 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey everyone.

So I was wondering if there was a program that recorded your iPad's (I have an iPad 2, if that helps.) screen without a jailbreak. I know there is a app for Mac's that can do it, but I have a PC. So is there anything that can do this?

And don't just tell me to Jailbreak, because I'm not going to do it. Sorry.

Thanks for your help! :D
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,867 / 0
    There are two Windows programs that have recently appeared that will let you show your iPad screen on your PC. They are AirServer and reflections. AirServer doesn't have audio (yet) for Windows computers, so I didn't actually try it. But, it may work well enough for your purposes...

I did try out Reflections as you can download a 10 minute trial version. I believe it does audio, but I didn't go that far (I was trying to get it to work with my Amazon Prime app ... abandoned the idea when it didn't work).

From what I read, there is a way to record your onscreen PC actions. Again, I didn't get that far in my research to see how to do that.

So, really, all I'm good for here is to tell you the names of the two programs that claim to show your iPad screen on your PC. But, it's a start, yeah? :)

Marilyn
  3. Hopper200456

Hopper200456 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh, wow, thanks! I didn't think there was any out there, but thought I'd ask for help anyway.
    But turns out there are at least 2! I may not need sound, as I would be doing iPad/iPhone game videos, so I'd be recording my own voice as well. But these sound great! Thanks again for your help!