What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Video Recording of Facetime on iPad ?

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was browsing through the Net, looking for a way to record (Video) a Facetime session. I found IMCapture but that seems only for doing that on a stationary MAC with MAC-OS or a Macbook.
Is there no way to record a Facetime or Skype session on the iPad ? I wonder why there isn't a standard function for this. Its not that far fetched to be able to record Video there. I remember when I first time saw that Apple Commercial about Facetime on Youtube. With all the Families watching each other @ birthdays etc., whats so far fetched that someone might like to record a special moment on iPad with Facetime for example ?

In the end i didnt find anything or anyone clearly saying that its not possible.
Can you tell me ?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfseye

colinpalmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Colin here, you can record any facetime video or audio, really quite simple when you think of it.
This is how and the ONLY way at this stage without a pc.
simply start your facetime session and grab an iPhone and record the whole session, simple! you can then download via airdrop onto your ipad and send to email or save to photo album. I hope this helps out, I do it all the time!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way to record from within the FaceTime app itself, and most apps that are advertised as screen recording apps on the App Store don't actually record your screen and just record from your camera.

confal44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

If your idevice is jailbreaked , the tweak : Display recorder is allright

Install tweak : Ifile

Record root : Disk/private/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/DisplayRecorder

image.jpg

Green: Open pop up

Red: Add video to roll

Last edited:

Most reactions