What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 out of memory error

bubbeard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just received a 32gb iPad 2. I downloaded Adobe Reader and i can open small PDF files, 55k, but if I try to open a file with the size of 1.74mb, I receive "out of memory" error. No other apps are running and the system shows 278mb memory free. Is there a limit on size of PDF files that can be opened?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bubbeard-Welcome to the forum!!
I am not sure what the answer would be for you question, however, somebody with better knowledge on the subject could help you. I have used goodreader and have been able to open up some pretty hefty PDFS without any issues. I, too, have an ipad2/32 gb.

Good luck, hope you can find the answer. Have you tried using the Search Function to see if you can find any details there? :D

OP
B

bubbeard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to download GoodReader and open the PDF files. I am not sure why Adobe wouldn't open them but they work fine with GoodReader.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to download GoodReader and open the PDF files. I am not sure why Adobe wouldn't open them but they work fine with GoodReader.

Good to hear that you have a work around now. Not sure either regarding the Adobe issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts