What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF doc. cannot open fully? link issue?

mwid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need advice on the following issues....

When I try to open a PDF file from a web site on iPad, I got the PDF file open only for 1st page and a little bit 2nd page. When I do the same fro my PC, it is working fine.

I notice the link of the PDF file shows as the following instead of a link directly to a PDF file. Is this a problem? How can this be resolved?

The method used to download the PDF looks like through a "post" submission instead of a direct link to a PDF file. (I cannot post the link for the pdf file due to this forum's policy.)

btw, I tried to use GoodReader web download function to open the same PDF file and the problem is still there.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rich

mhogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF files

Don't have any suggestions, just glad I am not the only one having this same problem. Hopefully, someone can offer help.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print the file to another PDF file

If you have access to a Mac, print the file to another PDF file using PREVIEW in the Mac OS.

You might be able to do the same thing if your windows PC has a PDF printer module. I have two on my PC, but I use the Mac for all PDFs as it is a better OS with far more capabilities.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I emailed a large (92 pages) PDF file to my Gmail account and I'm able to open it and read it in its entirety.

Most reactions

Latest posts