What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not restoring, HELP!!!

unever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys,

I have searched this forum and others endlessly but to no avail!.
I have an Ipad 2 that is running 8.1.2 and jailbroken.
I recently wiped the ipad and tried to restore using 8.1.2 fimware as it would only ask to update to 8.2 which i didnt want to do. i then put it in dfu mode and left it for a few hours, i came back and the battery had died.
I left it on charge and the white apple logo appers with the grey progress bar underneath but nothing happens.
If i try to restart it (home button/sleep button) it just goes black then the battery sign comes up again.
Plugging it into a computer doesnt help either as the computer wont recognise it. The only thing i havemnt tried is plugging it into a mac as i dont have one.

Please help! its doing my head in and its not even my ipad!.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that your problem was due to trying to restore to iOS 8.1.2. That's no longer possible as Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.1.2. The only iOS version you can restore to is iOS 8.2, which will mean losing the jailbreak .

Try following the procedure in the first post in this thread. If followed exactly, you'll end up with a working iPad on iOS 8.2. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

OP
U

unever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I've been through this thread already. The iPad is stuck on the flashing battery sign. The computer won't recognise it and when I try to put in dfu mode it just brings up the battery sign again. It's been plugged into an apple charger for days.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you also try using a different cable or charger? Even though it was jailbroken, it should charge as usual. Also check the connector. If there's debris or dirt, it's possible that it won't charge, or not enough.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I've been through this thread already. The iPad is stuck on the flashing battery sign. The computer won't recognise it and when I try to put in dfu mode it just brings up the battery sign again. It's been plugged into an apple charger for days.
If you've already followed every step in that tutorial and it didn't work, then you must have a hardware fault in the computer, iPad or the charging cable, because that tutorial is guaranteed to work if there are no hardware issues. Check the connector on the phone as J. A. Suggested. If the connector looks good, try a different cable and a different computer to narrow the problem down.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably not the issue, but make sure you are trying to charge the iPad using it's own charger. Chargers for other iOS products may not have enough power to charge the iPad. This is also true of some computers. The USB ports do not supply enough current.

Most reactions

Latest posts