What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help restoring jb to stock

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i cant connect my ipad to itunes nor can i charge it anymore. the connector is messed up. didnt do anything to it, just plugged it in and left it alone for a a day. i came back and saw it was at 50% battery. so i plugged it to my computer and nothing. i wiggle it around still nothing. now i cant take it in to get it fix. i read some where some one stated about ftp into it and removing files. i have no idea what files to remove in order to restore it back. i dont want to play with it since i cant charge it and i dont want it to be be completely dead before i can restore it. any help would be appreciated.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ntrddragn said:
i cant connect my ipad to itunes nor can i charge it anymore. the connector is messed up. didnt do anything to it, just plugged it in and left it alone for a a day. i came back and saw it was at 50% battery. so i plugged it to my computer and nothing. i wiggle it around still nothing. now i cant take it in to get it fix. i read some where some one stated about ftp into it and removing files. i have no idea what files to remove in order to restore it back. i dont want to play with it since i cant charge it and i dont want it to be be completely dead before i can restore it. any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried a differant 30pin to USB connector?
Have a read here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/31785-erase-all-content-settings-jb-ios-4-3-3-warning.html
But if all else fails and still having trouble.....
On ipad
Settings
General
Reset
Erase all content and settings...

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your connector is messed up. I am assuming you mean the connector on the iPad and not just that the cable is broken? If the connector on the iPad is broken you can never restore it. Suggest you test it out by connecting it to the wall charger, not the USB on your computer.

If it will not charge, then you absolutely should just let the battery die. Turn the brightness up to max and start watching a movie or some other power hungry operation. Then once it is dead, that is it. You can return it to Apple for repair. They will not try and fix the connector and send you back the same unit. You will get a replacement refurb. They will not find out in this scenario that you were jailbroken, unless you are mistaken that the port is broken and they do manage to charge it. That's why you need to double check with different cable and using the wall charger.

OP
N

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I was premature in my post. :/ I turns out it was a bad cord. I went n got a new cord and plugged it into the wall charger and now it's charging. Man, a bad cord after three months. Great china built quality there. LOL

OP
N

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So now my question would be, should i be able to exchange the cord down at the apple store? And do i need to take the ipad and cord or just the cord?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would take the cord down by itself. They have plenty of gear they can test it with... I"m sure if it is faulty they will just give you another, as long as the genius is having a good day! ;)

Mjmoore17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They gave me new cord with no questions. Actually volunteered with no request. I just said I needed to buy new cord because old one broke. They handed me a new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts