What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 loses charge too quickly

darthdusty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's iPad 2 is suddenly losing its charge way too quickly. The push settings are set to once every 30 minutes while the brightness is pretty low. Any idea why it cannot keep a charge? Thanks in advance guys.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
darthdusty said:
My wife's iPad 2 is suddenly losing its charge way too quickly. The push settings are set to once every 30 minutes while the brightness is pretty low. Any idea why it cannot keep a charge? Thanks in advance guys.

Did you let it drain down to self-shutdown and recharge completely afterwards? This should be done about monthly in order to calibrate the battery-meter... I do that whenever I have the feeling that charge is going down too quickly...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
D

darthdusty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not exactly. She will play a game for about five minutes every morning then never play for the rest of the day. Interestingly enough, her battery drains pretty quickly until it gets to about 30%, then it'll drain almost normally thereafter.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Terribly sorry, but I do not have any further clue... Maybe someone else here has come over this problem and can help you further...

Good luck!

PD, considered already taking it to a Genius Bar or Apple Store for checking?

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
D

darthdusty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about it but I would rather diagnose the problem myself before getting raped with high fees.

Hamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi thought I had Short Battery Life then found The cover which I use which was supposed to switch I Pad off would bounce and switch it back on
So check if you use a cover that it realy switches off. I found out about it in a dark room noticed the glow of the screen with the cover closed

OP
D

darthdusty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happens as she is using it. The weird thing is she has classmates that are using the iPad 2 in the exact same way, but they're battery life is much better than hers. Interestingly enough, the drain starts to slow way down when she hits around 31%. I turned the auto lock option off and left her home screen on when I left for a few hours today, and it only drained about 2% during that time.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly. She will play a game for about five minutes every morning then never play for the rest of the day. Interestingly enough, her battery drains pretty quickly until it gets to about 30%, then it'll drain almost normally thereafter.

It's an interesting thing, and I'm not saying it will fix that battery problem. But, (even though I know about discharging once a month and battery-eating Apps etc) the other day my iPad was DOWN TO 70% when I did a full reset.

RESET: Hold down Power and Home button at the same time, screen goes dark, keep holding (be patient) until the Apple logo appears, let go both buttons and wait (again patiently) until the home screen appears.

My point is, when I did that, the battery percentage SHOWED UP AS 100%! And usage in the normal way after that followed a normal %age usage pattern. So what happened?. Was it a recalibration of the iPad's meter when resetting? Not only that, but my iPad seems to be losing (showing) a lesser usage %age drop than before. I'm mystified. Just saying!
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know when iOS6 first came out, the iPhone 5 was having a battery-draining problem, too. You might try the fix they used:

"the solution is to turn off the AUTO TIME SET function, set the clock ahead an hour. Then, shut down the device completely, restart and turn on the AUTO TIME SET. It has been said this “works like a charm.”

Most reactions