What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 charge

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ipad 2 losing charge too quickly

The settings app will give you the actual time used and dormant since last charge. Settings/general/usage will display the times. Mine easily does 9-10 hours between charges. Of course it depends on how much work the processor has to do. Simply displaying photos or reading an ebook takes little power whereas Internet usage takes much more.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's sometimes a bit irritating when an alleged problem is highlighted and someone then points out how great their situation is, but gotta do it! Our iPad 2s have gotten over 20 hours after mainly reading and some Internet browsing and charging at 10 or 15 percent. How sweet is that...

We do keep apps closed so there's minimized battery drag. The iPad 2 is just a very pleasing device!

Since the problem user has given no information, perhaps trying a few things to extend battery time would help. Hopefully it's not a defective unit.

OP
P

pjtcym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've merged the two threads you started to ask about why your iPad 2 is losing charge so quickly. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, having more than one thread on the same topic is against our rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

I stand corrected - actually posting the second query was accidental; I thought the first one had not registered
Anyhow, I shall bear the rules in mind.

OP
P

pjtcym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the suggestion on line to run the charge on the iPad run right out, then turn it off and do a full charge. I am (cautiosly) optimistic that this has worked, but will kep it under observation.It does make sense.

Most reactions

Latest posts