What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 keeps crashing due to 3g Unrestricted

Crazay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My jb iPad 2 is a WiFi + 3g. It is operating off of OS 4.3.3. I installed 3g Unrestricted via Cydia. Once installed, my iPad crashed and continues to crash whenever I tap on an application. I've done a soft reboot and a hard reboot.....nothing. I've even tried to delete the application. Of course, there was no "X" to delete the application. When I double tap on the home key hoping I can find the Setting Icon. Guess what? Nothing! I have no applications at the bottom. In fact, when I double tap the home key, all of my apps on the home page dims.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.:)

Last edited:

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uninstall it via cydia while in safe mode (hope you can go to safe mode). i am using my3g instead of 3g unrestrictor (also had issues with it).

OP
C

Crazay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response! Unfornately, I can't put it into safe mode. Anything I touch it crashes.

Any other suggestions?

OP
C

Crazay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@88raymond...I now have my iPad 2 back working again. And I've deleted 3g Unrestricted. Again, thank you for the quick response!

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's good to know. try out this alternative -My3G

starkiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's weird. I also have iPad2+3g and 3g unrestrictor but I never had any crashing issues. I use it with facetime and skype but now that skype has just released an updated version, I won't be using it with 3g unrestrictor anymore.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. I use 3G Unrestrictor all the time and it has never caused me issues.

3GU is a paid Cydia app. Users who obtain cracked / pirated copies of these tweaks often report crashes and incompatibilities due to the copy protection in these apps. Always make sure you are using the legitimate paid version.

Last edited:
OP
C

Crazay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@f4780y....I, too paid for mine via Cydia (legitimate paid version). Please do not assume that I didn't. As indicated in my original post is stated that I purchased it from Cydia. Furthermore, just because your 3G Unrestrictor worked for you does not mean that it will work or will not for others. All apps that I have on my iPad 2 are through Cydia or iTunes (paid or free). I have not use cracked and/or pirated apps on my iPad 2 or any other device. My beautifully iPad 2 cost too much money for something to go terribly wrong with it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, but you should re-read my post and note that nowhere did I accuse you of anything. I made a statement of fact.
That said, nowhere in your first post does it mention purchasing anything, and unfortunately pirated apps are sourced from Cydia almost as easily as legitimate ones.
Its good that you supported the developer by purchasing 3GU. Since that is the case you need to be aware that 3GUs compatibility with iPad2 is not just my "personal experience" but again a statement of fact, borne out by many of our members. Before writing it off unnecessarily you could look into what the actual cause might be. Most likely another app or tweak which is not compatible with the iPad. Seems a shame to ditch the app when it should normally be working.
If you list what else you have from Cydia we'll see if we can spot the culprit. You may want to cross reference with our ultimate list of tweaks thread as everything on there should normally be OK.

Hope that clarifies.

OP
C

Crazay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification! The only apps that I've added recently to my device from Cydia either purchased or free were: 3G Unrestrictor, Location Spoofer, and Internalizer.

Again, thanks for the clarification!

Most reactions

Latest posts