What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 IOS5 problem

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, i came across a problem with redsn0w, i've just jailbroken my ipad to IOS5 (it was previously jb to ios 4.3.4) when i was installing cydia redsn0w simply crashed before (fortunately) causing any damage, so i tried again and fortunately it worked, then of course i had to reboot but when i tried that it crashed again(redsn0w crashed) twice then at the third time it worked, i installed a cydia tweak that required reboot and redsn0w crashed again but at the 3rd time again redsn0w rebooted it succesfully, i was wondering why it did that and if there was a way to prevent it. thanks.

qviet920

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak problem!

Hi,
I got the same problem. I used RedSnow....and Could not get the Cydia and also Safari and Youtube could not work.
Does anyone have the same problems? any recommends?
please help!!!
thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
qviet920 said:
Hi,
I got the same problem. I used RedSnow....and Could not get the Cydia and also Safari and Youtube could not work.
Does anyone have the same problems? any recommends?
please help!!!
thanks

That is not the same problem. You are running a TETHERED jailbreak. This means you must use redsn0w to boot your device EVERY TIME it restarts.

Look at our tutorial here, where you should skip to Step 11 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lbreak-ipad1-ios5-tethered-using-redsn0w.html

Remember, you must do it EVERY TIME the iPad is restarted.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm using windows xp, i've never had this problem when i was jailbroken on 4.3.4 nor on 4.3.5 even though i went back to .4 since i lomed it more^^ i'll try today to run redsnow in the mac and see if that solves the problem, i'll write the results, thanks for help and sorry if i couldn't reply sooner but i was in school

Edti:Ok, i found out that it works on a mac, guess i'll have to stick to it unless (just thinking out loud here) redsn0w will be updated or something like that.

Last edited:

qviet920

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did follow all steps from your post, but after reboot, I see Cydia icon on my ipad but could not work. My youtube and safari not working, crash....
do you know how to fix those problems?
thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You aren't booting tethered. Open redsnow, click "extras" and click "just boot". Then follow all the instructions.
You have to do that any time you power off or your battery dies.

Most reactions

Latest posts