What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 & iOS 6

Dina Soucy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear anyone, could someone pleae tell me what I can do about my IPad 2 running like crap since I downloaded iOS 6 ? I am so upset, I LOVE my iPad. Please give me some insight :mad:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The first thing we need to do is get your post to a subforum suitable or your problem.

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to iPad Forums. This is an online community where many members come together to discuss the iPad.
I would recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed
Apple iPad News
For your iPad FAQ, check this out.
iPad FAQ
Looking for iPad reviews? They're all right here.
iPad Reviews
For more off topic stuff:
Off-Topic
The rules-please read!
Forum Rules, Help and Info

Thanks for joining,
Goofy

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear anyone, could someone pleae tell me what I can do about my IPad 2 running like crap since I downloaded iOS 6 ? I am so upset, I LOVE my iPad. Please give me some insight :mad:

Please explain a little more as to what is going on. If your iPad is running poorly after the update there are any number of things that could be wrong.

OP
D

Dina Soucy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Safari is running very slow now, sometimes I can't even get onto a website. Also, I have a very difficult time connecting to the App Store. All I know is that it ran so much better before I updated it. From what I can tell by looking online, others are having problems with the new update as well. I am a teacher and I use this iPad with my students. I am very disappointed.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest resetting network settings. This problem is not universal. Since I updated Safari has become blindingly fast.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have the wifi only iPad? You might need to reset your network settings and re-enter your password information.

Settings | General | Reset | Reset Network Settings

Make sure you have all of your network info handy before you do this.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Do you have the wifi only iPad? You might need to reset your network settings and re-enter your password information.

Settings | General | Reset | Reset Network Settings

Make sure you have all of your network info handy before you do this.

Not a bad idea. I've read here and there about some connectivity issues that were corrected with a network refresh per say.

wdaprimic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wifi isnt working properly. Not able to access facebook, surf safari, go app shopping or itunes for that matter. Hopefully they get the update fixed for us soon! Its driving me crazy. I did 2 things to my ipad 2 and although its not running great, it is running a slight bit better. Go to settings, wifi, click the blue circle next to your access point, then scroll down and click auto for http proxy. If that doesnt help, you can go to general, scroll down to reset, cluck reset network settings. This is what i read off another post and like i said, its not back to normal, but slightly better. Only thing is to be patient and wait for them to fix the update. :)

OP
D

Dina Soucy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. I will try resetting the network settings. Sure hope it helps. In the meantime, hopefully Apple can fix the
Update. Thank you again!! Dina

cluffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dina Soucy said:
Well, Safari is running very slow now, sometimes I can't even get onto a website. Also, I have a very difficult time connecting to the App Store. All I know is that it ran so much better before I updated it. From what I can tell by looking online, others are having problems with the new update as well. I am a teacher and I use this iPad with my students. I am very disappointed.

I agree, I cannot even get my updates to run :(

OP
D

Dina Soucy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cluffy said:
I agree, I cannot even get my updates to run :(

So I reset my network setting s and it is running better. Thank you for the tip!

noverby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2, but since the upgrade to iOS 6 it seems to be running slower. When I open apps like Pages, it takes longer to load, and the multi-tasking gesture which used to allow me to easily switch between open apps (with the four finger swipe), only works about half the time. When it does work, there seems to be a lag as well. It's really frustrating to me. I tried restarting my iPad, but that didn't seem to have any effect. Any thoughts? Any similar experiences? (I'm kind of wishing I could downgrade to iOS 5 just to have better performance again).

Most reactions

Latest posts