What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 faulty power swich

glyndawn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im after changing the digitizer on my ipad because its smash also the power button doesnt work how can i turn the machine off so i can work on it please help

bab2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean to turn on the ipad so you can work on it. If it's actually off, pluging in the charger cable connected to the computer or the wall should turn on the ipad I think. Try it and see if your ipad will turn on or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
G

glyndawn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no the ipad is on at the mo i need to turn it off so i can change the screen and power swictch

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you still can see something on the screen, enable Assistive Touch in Settings - General - Accessibility. You'll see a semi-transparent dot somewhere on your screen. Tap it, select "Device". You'll see "Lock Screen" as one of the options. Tap and hold it until you see "Slide to power off". This way you can turn it off.

If the screen isn't working any more, you'll have to wait until it's turning off by itself because of low battery.

Most reactions

Latest posts