1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help with power issues of my Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jammer4, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Jammer4

Jammer4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a problem with my iPad 2 power source. The iPad will turn off with movement or power down with the slightest of movement. I opened my iPad and replaced the wifi and replaced the digitizer screen. I checked the connections before sealing it up.

I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. Is anyone able to offer me any advice? The problem seems simple. I wonder if I am bending or kinked the digitizer cable when before closing and feeling good feeling it. Please help I miss my I Pad 2. Warranty damaged since I opened it.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,038 / 1
    There is may be a problem with the connection to the battery, you may have accidentally loosened or damaged it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lunar

Lunar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I apologize in advance, but cannot understand why someone would open up a iPad while it is still under warranty. I've replaced 3 broken screens on families iPhones and 1 screen on my grandsons iPad1 when he managed to drop and crack the screen, but they were all outside the warranty, so it was worth the gamble as I have a little experience if you can call 40yrs as a TV/Video engineer before retiring experience..lol ..though brain has slowed down a lot since I still have the odd dabble.
    Just wondered ? were you unable to take it to a Apple centre or something?

As the previous poster said.. it definately sounds like a poor connection, most likely one of those delicate low profile connectors is not making a good connection. I know how fragile they can be.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jammer4

Jammer4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good day and happy turkey day. I tripped and cracked the screen and I didn't have that coverage and I decided to fix with help of youtube. It was easy and after going back again, it appears that cable is kink. I am healthcare professional by trade, but I figure it could be that difficult....and it really was not...
  5. Jammer4

Jammer4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks scifan57
  6. Jammer4

Jammer4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ThanksLunar:)