What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with power issues of my Ipad 2

Jammer4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with my iPad 2 power source. The iPad will turn off with movement or power down with the slightest of movement. I opened my iPad and replaced the wifi and replaced the digitizer screen. I checked the connections before sealing it up.

I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. Is anyone able to offer me any advice? The problem seems simple. I wonder if I am bending or kinked the digitizer cable when before closing and feeling good feeling it. Please help I miss my I Pad 2. Warranty damaged since I opened it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jammer4 said:
I have a problem with my iPad 2 power source. The iPad will turn off with movement or power down with the slightest of movement. I opened my iPad and replaced the wifi and replaced the digitizer screen. I checked the connections before sealing it up.

I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. Is anyone able to offer me any advice? The problem seems simple. I wonder if I am bending or kinked the digitizer cable when before closing and feeling good feeling it. Please help I miss my I Pad 2. Warranty damaged since I opened it.

There is may be a problem with the connection to the battery, you may have accidentally loosened or damaged it.

L

Lunar

I apologize in advance, but cannot understand why someone would open up a iPad while it is still under warranty. I've replaced 3 broken screens on families iPhones and 1 screen on my grandsons iPad1 when he managed to drop and crack the screen, but they were all outside the warranty, so it was worth the gamble as I have a little experience if you can call 40yrs as a TV/Video engineer before retiring experience..lol ..though brain has slowed down a lot since I still have the odd dabble.
Just wondered ? were you unable to take it to a Apple centre or something?

As the previous poster said.. it definately sounds like a poor connection, most likely one of those delicate low profile connectors is not making a good connection. I know how fragile they can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Jammer4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day and happy turkey day. I tripped and cracked the screen and I didn't have that coverage and I decided to fix with help of youtube. It was easy and after going back again, it appears that cable is kink. I am healthcare professional by trade, but I figure it could be that difficult....and it really was not...

Most reactions