What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pre ordering otterbox off eBay for $6 off retail price. I got some coupons for paypal and eBay that need using. I'm sad that they only have black right now but I'm excited cuz it's only gonna cost me 17 bucks after my gift cards and coupons. So excited. I think it's gonna be a couple weeks before they release, but I've been waiting forever for iPad 2 already.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing I found about the folio cases is that the cut on the case to support the iPad on the stand are usually too shallow and the pad falls when touched.

Jimv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone bought the case from Zoogue? I have been seriously considering it, but would like to hear others opinions?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks very promising with all the features. I wonder how much lint would get attached to all that Velcro. Very versatile.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing I found about the folio cases is that the cut on the case to support the iPad on the stand are usually too shallow and the pad falls when touched.

This is why I'm really interested in SwitchEasy Canvas... it has these plastic pieces to keep it more steady, it def adds a bit bulk though.

02_e.jpg

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has micro suction cups. If you are interested in the wake option with the magnets this will not work

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NAYo2002 said:
This is why I'm really interested in SwitchEasy Canvas... it has these plastic pieces to keep it more steady, it def adds a bit bulk though.

I have a Macallay bookstand with the front cover similar to the switch easy one and it didn't stay in place when folded like the smart cover does.

Link1369NY490

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it did not add too much bulk, i would love the Grove wooden case with leather flap! just to be different! so cool looking! SHIEK.
=0)

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Malware C.E.O is a very nice case they said they will start shipping this week. The reason I like it is because this case has it all hard shell. Vertical or horizontal stand, looks good, smart feature and a hand strap which I've found to be a must have feature since I read a lot

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha I've spent wayyyy too much time on researching cases. I posted this on another thread but I think it'd help others more if I post it here instead.

I finally gave in and got the SwitchEasy Canvas in Brown. Though it may not be the sleekest one out there, it provides a fair amount of protection with not too much bulk. I got it mainly for it's built-in stand feature. Also, I like the fact that although it has the smart sleep/wake feature, there's little chance it can wake in my backpack due to the latch that keeps the cover closed. SwitchEasy just seems to make quality products based on all the video reviews I've seen on youtube. They also come with a free screen protector and port covers.

01_b.jpg

Cases I looked at and why I didn't get them:

Mareware CEO Hybrid: very nice but about the same thickness as Canvas and less protection. Also no hands on video reviews. Based on video review for the iPad 1 version, it seems to be a solid case. I don't like the handstrap though.
media.nl

Targus Vuscape: basically a cheap version of Mareware CEO.. didn't like how the bottom two clips don't seem to fit snug.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0MDV7EPDXs"]video review[/ame]

AYL 5 in 1: similar to Targus but can't stand the fact that they insist on saying its made of carbon fiber when it clearly isn't.
31QLz5qCDiL.jpg

Incase Magazine Jacket: looks cool in pictures but saw the cover was just too flimsy.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyGen-FXMlg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]video[/ame]

SwitchEasy Cara: very very sleek/thin yet protective unlike Incase magazine. However, I don't want to have to worry about carrying those stand things. It's also wouldn't fit well in professional environments. I came very close to getting it just for its sleekness though. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlSqV9lCJEA"]see video[/ame]

Last edited:

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your research. I really think it will help others. I just wish I had found you prior to the purchase of my new cases.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha I've spent wayyyy too much time on researching cases. I posted this on another thread but I think it'd help others more if I post it here instead.

I finally gave in and got the SwitchEasy Canvas in Brown. Though it may not be the sleekest one out there, it provides a fair amount of protection with not too much bulk. I got it mainly for it's built-in stand feature. Also, I like the fact that although it has the smart sleep/wake feature, there's little chance it can wake in my backpack due to the latch that keeps the cover closed. SwitchEasy just seems to make quality products based on all the video reviews I've seen on youtube. They also come with a free screen protector and port covers.

I love the look of the SwitchEasy case.

Just about to refund my Griffin Slim portfolio case due to its poor quality and have a Targus 360 on order from Amazon, but after seeing the above case I really would like one of those.

Is it just mail order in the US or can you buy it in Best Buy/Walmart etc?

I am visiting the US later in the year and would love to be able to pick one up when I'm there and not have to pay a huge delivery charge to the UK.

Last edited:

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:

Just about to refund my Griffin Slim portfolio case due to its poor quality and have a Targus 360 on order from Amazon, but after seeing the above case I really would like one of those.

I am visiting the US later in the year and would love to be able to pick one up when I'm there and not have to pay a huge delivery charge to the UK.

You are in the right post. Seems like you too have a problem with cases.

ChezSirene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grantwood Case

I just received a Grantwood zippered case from Amazon and love it! it is lightly padded, doesn't add much weight, and fits beautifully in my purse. The one addition I would make, however, would be a pocket on

Check this out: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SimpleSleeve-Grantwood-Technologys-Protective-Neoprene/dp/B003KXJE4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302523656&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: SimpleSleeve for iPad and NEW iPad 2, Grantwood Technology's Premium Protective Neoprene Sleeve for the Apple iPad (16GB, 32GB, 64GB Wi-Fi and WiFi + 3G), GRAY/BLACK: Electronics[/ame]

I have the Smart Cover, as well. At first, I thought maybe it was a mistake buying it. . . it felt clunky. But now I am used to it and appreciate its design and utility. It really is a wonderful protection for the glass face of the iPad 2.

Also recently purchased the iEco stand. Haven't received it yet, but it looks like it will work well at a low price (shipping is expensive, though) and be easy to tote. iEcostand

Check out this YouTube video on stands: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zTGBWHaEkw]YouTube - Testing five iPad stands for the iPad 2 (Discussion)[/ame]

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score

01_b.jpg

Cases I looked at and why I didn't get them:

Mareware CEO Hybrid: very nice but about the same thickness as Canvas and less protection. Also no hands on video reviews. Based on video review for the iPad 1 version, it seems to be a solid case. I don't like the handstrap though.
media.nl

Targus Vuscape: basically a cheap version of Mareware CEO.. didn't like how the bottom two clips don't seem to fit snug.
video review

AYL 5 in 1: similar to Targus but can't stand the fact that they insist on saying its made of carbon fiber when it clearly isn't.
31QLz5qCDiL.jpg

Incase Magazine Jacket: looks cool in pictures but saw the cover was just too flimsy.
video

SwitchEasy Cara: very very sleek/thin yet protective unlike Incase magazine. However, I don't want to have to worry about carrying those stand things. It's also wouldn't fit well in professional environments. I came very close to getting it just for its sleekness though. see video

I have never seen one in a store. The website doesn't say anything about it but considering older models are available on Amazon, I guess it might be possible.

CANVAS for iPad 2 - SwitchEasy looks like flat rate shipping of 4 Euro from them anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts