What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Camera

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iceman72 said:
The cam is definitely a pos! Heck I paid less for my HTC Evo and it has a better cam than my iPad. But you know how Apple is, they could not make it perfect so they could give the fanboys reasons to buy the iPad 3 when it comes out. Although I rarely use my cam. I don't know anyone to FaceTime with and I would not dare use it to take photos. I use my Evo for that. My eve has replaced my digi cam.

Sent from my 32g White Wifi only iPad 2 using iPF

I do admit there are way better cameras, un fortunately apple plays the market card carefully as usual by providing very low end parts, hopefully it won't fail on us within 2 years

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iceman72 said:
The cam is definitely a pos! Heck I paid less for my HTC Evo and it has a better cam than my iPad. But you know how Apple is, they could not make it perfect so they could give the fanboys reasons to buy the iPad 3 when it comes out. Although I rarely use my cam. I don't know anyone to FaceTime with and I would not dare use it to take photos. I use my Evo for that. My eve has replaced my digi cam.

Sent from my 32g White Wifi only iPad 2 using iPF

I do admit there are way better cameras, un fortunately apple plays the market card carefully as usual by providing very low end parts, hopefully it won't fail on us within 2 years

Apples marketing tactic

Low end parts @ Rip off over inflated prices.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly and a fact, it's abused and at the same time they deliver really innovative products too, I mean ideally allot of other tablets have way better cameras, but everything about them s u c k arse lol

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The cameras are their to push apples FaceTime video calling. Nothing more.

The front camera, to me, is better than the rear, but the rear is capable of doing HD video..some videos from the iPad 2 look HD...others do not.

I'm pleased with them.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera really is utter and complete garbage for still pics (anybody who says different must be legally blind)

Apple really should have just called it a video cam and left it at that.

~John

Reaction score
jmorton10 said:

~John

That is exactly what Apple did, advertise it for video conferencing, and nothing else.

The camera's aren't built for photo shooting. The way I see it, do other tablets have many strong branches, but the trunk is rotten. The iPad has a strong trunk, but it branches are smaller. If that makes any sense :D

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:

~John

That is exactly what Apple did, advertise it for video conferencing, and nothing else.

D

Yea, I guess you're right.

I really think they should have left the still function out entirely however, it's virtually useless anyway.

~John

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boy ..., it seems apple stirs up the world, I truly find the camera to be fine for photos, how ever I am used to a cannon compact camera which has the widest lens, costs a few hundred bucks but also shoots incredibly natural and warm video, I tested every compact camera and spoke to photographers, they also think every single cell phone or tablet camera is built with cheap plastic lenses but if you want a decent camera on a tablet it's the iPad 2 hands down

I guess we will see what camera is on the iPhone 5 to tell what the iPad 3 will have

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The camera really is utter and complete garbage for still pics (anybody who says different must be legally blind)

~John

Thanks for calling me legally blind. There are others here with opinions equally as valid as yours who don't need cubby holing with names you know. ;). I'd say you need to learn how to use it correctly :p

I use the camera stills function for work, and it does a great job for me with good quality. Yes, you have to be careful how you use it, but I'm getting decent clean, in focus shots out most days when i need it, together with video.

Everyone has different needs, and more importantly, different abilities and perceptions. It'd be great if we call all appreciate this in an adult manner.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No more ad hominem please. Keeps the popcorn coming...... (love an ambiguity :))

Poor apple can't win. Put in high quality cameras and they'd all be moaning about the choppy quality of FaceTime.
Me I find it great for copying letters, receipts, quotes etc..

Most reactions

Latest posts