What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So if the cameras were only intended for Face-Time video chatting, why is there a pre-installed photo album. If that album is for photos you load in from other sources, why didn't the dev's include an sd slot.

OK, I'm done now, I'll behave! :p

Cheers

Reaction score
That's a very good question . I guess the same reason my old sub vga phone cameras had the same ability to save photos. remember when a phone camera of 1.3 mp was an upgrade and bragged upon as having? My first standalone digital camera was a 4mp, could hold a card up to 256 mb, with no optical zoom and was the shiznit at the time lol

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Check out the "photos taken on the ipad" thread. Some ain't half bad
One OF THE best photos I've ever taken was on a 1.3mp phone camera. The lighting was perfect for a shot of Dark Hollow falls on the Sky Line Drive. Granted I'd never try to sell it for 8x10s but it has made some very nice 4x6 and 5x7 prints for family and friends. Too bad I lost the original in a computer crash in 09 or I'd post it.
I'll take a look. Many of the photos that I've taken have been in poor light. I'm not defending the camera, I also was disappointed; but, for documentation purposes, or given the right circumstances, it works for at least a *half* decent picture. :)

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
Don't get me wrong, I do like my iPad. I just didn't realize that some of these limitations existed before I purchased it.

That's understandable, especially if you didn't have easy access to an Apple store where you could see how the camera worked. In my case, I knew exactly what I was getting into.

dishantbadlani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although the ipad camera is bad but once u take pics frm his camera and then transfer it to ur macbook, its not that bad actually.. Guys jst try n post ur views :)

Mikek777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Those look better than anything I've taken on my iPad. Are you sure you didn't use your iPhone camera? ;)

No I don't have an iPhone just a HTC, I think due to light level and the size of the Sunflowers they came out ok.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
dstuttgen said:
So if the cameras were only intended for Face-Time video chatting, why is there a pre-installed photo album. If that album is for photos you load in from other sources, why didn't the dev's include an sd slot.

OK, I'm done now, I'll behave! :p

Cheers

agree with that. And why there are so many photography apps then in the appstore. Not the photo manipulation apps, but apps to take pictures ?

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

acw2606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I bought the Apple camera adaptor that allows me to plug an SD card in and transfer pictures from my DSLR and this has given great results. I have only taken a couple of pictures using the iPad but I didn't think that they were that bad. I agree that they couldn't be used for large scale prints but on the iPad display they are perfectly adequate.

dishantbadlani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With this camera connection kit, we can only transfer the photos or other docs as well using a pen drive??

acw2606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dishantbadlani said:
With this camera connection kit, we can only transfer the photos or other docs as well using a pen drive??

To be honest, I haven't transferred files using the camera connection kit, I usually use Dropbox. I have only loaded pictures taken on my cameras.

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
as uch as i know, only photos, andw no, it does not allow pen drive. in my pointof few the camera connection kit is pointless. You can also transfere phoos from your mac or pc via usb cable that you have. Ofcourse the good point is you can connect some other equipment with camera connection kit like usb keyboard, some audio interfaces ect. To be honest, its really weird that you have to pay extra money to get usb port for ipad and cant use it whyle loadind, because it uses the same port on ipad.

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

nishel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to improve iPad 2 image quality after capturing a shot

Hi how to improve it.... Wondering how to do... I have a way...

Hi for today’s post I will be going to discuss about the iPad 2 image quality. From the knowledge I have collected the front camera which capture our face picture have only 2 to 3 px but the behind camera is about 7 to 8 hd px.
So after capturing some pictures, I have discovered that the images are not as good as a hd camera should do. So how to improve the image slightly better than before.
There are an app that I recommend you to use it for a better image quality. It is called aphoto which you can download it from the apps store and it’s free.
How to improve…

1. Download the app
2. Capture and image using the app or the camera app provided by the device.
3. open the image using the app and click the pencil icon at the right bottom of your screen.
4. Increase your saturation to its max and sharpen your image to 3 or 4.
5. Add a border to your image.

Walla…. Save the image and you already have a better
Picture than before.
Please comment if you have a better way so that I can improve my image either.
That’s all please enjoy your superb image. Thank you.

Kellog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an App which is called 360 panoramic, it is amazing and is so useful for my work for flashy extras for the website. However the camera is pretty bad as said above and discovered myself. My question is that is it possible to use an external camera plugged in somehow to enhance the quality or not?

Ryan

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kellog said:
There is an App which is called 360 panoramic, it is amazing and is so useful for my work for flashy extras for the website. However the camera is pretty bad as said above and discovered myself. My question is that is it possible to use an external camera plugged in somehow to enhance the quality or not?

Ryan

Try eye fi se cardiaco. It works lime a charm

Leeshe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say for the price that the iPad's cost they should take better or just as good pictures as the iPhones. I am highly disappointed in the quality of the pictures. Dispite the size of the screen, I should be able to take pictures with it. If the iPads aren't designed to take good quality pictures why even have a rear facing camera??? Why not just have a camcorder???

Most reactions

Latest posts