What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera

Moonmaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What can i do to improve the picture quality when using my ipad 2 camera? The pictures are grainy and blurry.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What can i do to improve the picture quality when using my ipad 2 camera? The pictures are grainy and blurry.

I'm not sure which of the iPad cameras you are referring to, but neither were really designed to take good quality still pictures. Even the rear facing camera is only a 1 megapixel camera - very low resolution compared to modern dedicated digital still cameras. Rather the rear facing camera was primarily designed as a video (movie) camera and the front facing camera for video conferencing.

So, if you are aiming to take still pictures, you really need to use a dedicated conventional still camera. The iPad camera was not designed to replace this and is really not capable of taking good quality still pictures.

Tim

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the information even though I am disappointed but will try to video.

Haha. I'm a little disappointed as well. But I think Steve jobs wanted to make sure you knew these cameras were made for video chat. Not taking real photos because come on, who would hold up a giant screen to take photos? No matter that a lot of people would actually do that.... It's just the wrong way of doing it :)

Plus. At least it has a camera now... That was everyone's gripe about iPad 1.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its meant for video chatting. Using a 10 inch screen as a camera isn't exactly great.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
Its meant for video chatting. Using a 10 inch screen as a camera isn't exactly great.

I'm not sure the rear camera is for video chat. Yes it's unwieldy but it's still useful to be able to take pictures- for me it's the quality not the size that stops me using it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The front camera if VGA (640x480) quality and is for video calls.

The rear camera is 1 megapixel and is for HD video. Neither camera were designed primarily for still photography. For example, the iPhone has a 5 megapixel camera, while most dedicated consumer still cameras are 5-14 megapixels.

Apple never really thought that users would want to take serious still photographs with it.

Tim

Dinsmore16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think of it as so much better than being stuck with no camera or an even worse one.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we please have one thread about camera issues and then merge all these repetitive posts into it so they don't clog the forum up.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we please have one thread about camera issues and then merge all these repetitive posts into it so they don't clog the forum up.

Good plan - your wish is my command - OK - I merged this one with one of the others...so it's partly done...:(

Tim

brian_fantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much i dont want to I have to agree with apple and them not putting effort into the camera.
Like has been said who seriously is going to walk around with a giant square and take photos. If you want to take photos put the money into getting someone designed for it.. I remember listen to a radio show in which someone was review mobile phones and he was saying how great cameras are on them these day and how you really dont need to but point and clicks. I have to completely disagree with this I think if people understood the level of photos you could take with just a imple point and click they would be surpised.

IMG_1398.jpg

I took this with a £100 canon point and click...
Basically try not to be feel to let down with the iPad camera. It just is what its made todo

brian_fantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Def the most threads that pop up are about the camera.
Even my first one was lol

Most reactions

Latest posts