What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Camera

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Do you agree the iPad 2 camera quality is good?

The iPad2 has two cameras. The front-facing camera is VGA quality and was intended for video conferencing - say, using Skype. The rear facing camera is about 1 megapixel and was designed for taking 'home movies' and enhanced quality video conferencing. Neither camera were designed for taking still pictures; I suspect that Apple simply could not envisage people holding up their iPads to take family snapshots. For that, they assumed, you'd use a dedicated digital camera or camera phone - such as the iPhone4. You are probably going to be very disappointed if you take still pictures with the iPad cameras for anything other than what they were intended for.

Tim

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
it's low res and should be treated as so.

it's also designed for video conferencing and 'fun' snaps to email to your mates. it works a treat like this.

also, used properly, is most useful for pretty (low res at that) decent photography. if you understand it's capabilitys, lens/sensor abilities and light/exposure limitations you can get some half decent images out. i used it this morning in a cloudy medium light environment for work and i was chuffed with the results.

it's not a serious camera by any means and mustn't be regarded as so

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
James Andrew said:
Hi
Do you agree the iPad 2 camera quality is good?

Amazing, I was just thinking about asking the same question, the cameras seem to get dirty fast while in moderate use since we hold it and touch them so much, but the quality is ok, no flash but also too zoomed in, inner cam seems tweaked color wise to me, we shot music videos recently with a major recording artist

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mike4AU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and think it is great. I did not buy it to take photos of folks. It is good that I didn't do that because the cameras suck. Pure and simple, they suck.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike4AU said:
I have an iPad 2 and think it is great. I did not buy it to take photos of folks. It is good that I didn't do that because the cameras suck. Pure and simple, they suck.

I got the iPad a month before the v 2 was out and I got the iPad 2 immediately,I was holding out on the iPhone till a camera was on them, them I seen the iPad and held out as long as i could, I was told when I got it that it was the last one and the next shipment would be a long while.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
It is good that I didn't do that because the cameras suck. Pure and simple, they suck.

sucks at what? i can take decent enough phots of my family with it. and as mentioned, it's great for video conferencing.

yes, it sucks at higher def stuff naturally, but you insinuate it's just purely crap in all respects full stop. it most certainly isnt.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
sucks at what? i can take decent enough phots of my family with it. and as mentioned, it's great for video conferencing.

yes, it sucks at higher def stuff naturally, but you insinuate it's just purely crap in all respects full stop. it most certainly isnt.

I was cracking up when Steve was asked once if iPhones will have cameras, the guy then told him that it would damage the camera market which was just thriving, haha, I love apple because they brought computers to users, the irony that personal computers aka PC where and are for end users is beyond me, all i see is Microsoft offering on call services for companies all over the world, many of which switched to apple.

The cameras on other devices probably are better but the whimsical interfaces suk, I can't stand Samsung, I mean it they are on my sh@t list, I had a few of their phones and I'm glad apple is suing them for ripping of their while line

Mike4AU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is good that I didn't do that because the cameras suck. Pure and simple, they suck.

I did not insinuate anything. I was quite clear in my statement that the cameras suck. I do not care to debate the issue with you, nor anyone else. My standards for a good camera are *MUCH* higher than what is in the ipad 2. But I knew that before purchasing the iPad 2 and I have no regrets about buying it. And I also am not one to throw accolades toward Apple when it does not deserve it. And my opinion about the cameras is my opinion. Others will have to decide for themsleves.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I did not insinuate anything. I was quite clear in my statement that the cameras suck. I do not care to debate the issue with you, nor anyone else. My standards for a good camera are *MUCH* higher than what is in the ipad 2. But I knew that before purchasing the iPad 2 and I have no regrets about buying it. And I also am not one to throw accolades toward Apple when it does not deserve it. And my opinion about the cameras is my opinion. Others will have to decide for themsleves.

You do not care to debate the issue????????????????? Then why oh why post your comments in a forum??????????????????

That's like saying you do not care for meat while chomp'n down a bigmac. Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely intitled to your opinion, just don't be surprised when you get feed back in a disscussion forum.

Personaly, I have no prfessional use for the iPad2 so didn't expect any professional results. I was amazed by the music video. If that is poor quality (for around the house monkeying around) bring it on! Or would you rather I dig out my old brownie black and white camera and try to play angry birds on it?

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
I must say, yeah it really sucks. In less than perfect light it is grainy like hell. The same as iPhone 4 camera.

First I thought, yeah it is OK for some basic stuff, but then it often isnt.

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The cam is definitely a pos! Heck I paid less for my HTC Evo and it has a better cam than my iPad. But you know how Apple is, they could not make it perfect so they could give the fanboys reasons to buy the iPad 3 when it comes out. Although I rarely use my cam. I don't know anyone to FaceTime with and I would not dare use it to take photos. I use my Evo for that. My eve has replaced my digi cam.

Sent from my 32g White Wifi only iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts