iPad 2 Camera

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by James Andrew, Apr 21, 2011.

1. James Andrew

James Andrew
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi
    Do you agree the iPad 2 camera quality is good?

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    The iPad2 has two cameras. The front-facing camera is VGA quality and was intended for video conferencing - say, using Skype. The rear facing camera is about 1 megapixel and was designed for taking 'home movies' and enhanced quality video conferencing. Neither camera were designed for taking still pictures; I suspect that Apple simply could not envisage people holding up their iPads to take family snapshots. For that, they assumed, you'd use a dedicated digital camera or camera phone - such as the iPhone4. You are probably going to be very disappointed if you take still pictures with the iPad cameras for anything other than what they were intended for.

Tim

3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    it's low res and should be treated as so.

it's also designed for video conferencing and 'fun' snaps to email to your mates. it works a treat like this.

also, used properly, is most useful for pretty (low res at that) decent photography. if you understand it's capabilitys, lens/sensor abilities and light/exposure limitations you can get some half decent images out. i used it this morning in a cloudy medium light environment for work and i was chuffed with the results.

it's not a serious camera by any means and mustn't be regarded as so

4. SkyStudio

SkyStudio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Amazing, I was just thinking about asking the same question, the cameras seem to get dirty fast while in moderate use since we hold it and touch them so much, but the quality is ok, no flash but also too zoomed in, inner cam seems tweaked color wise to me, we shot music videos recently with a major recording artist

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
  6. SkyStudio

SkyStudio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes exactly, limited but as good as compact cameras come, I still rather shoot compact videos with a cannon cam bcuase they have wider lenses but it's great to see your video, artists are raving about it too, anyone can shoot something decent on hand now. Good job btw

7. Mike4AU

Mike4AU
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPad 2 and think it is great. I did not buy it to take photos of folks. It is good that I didn't do that because the cameras suck. Pure and simple, they suck.

8. SkyStudio

SkyStudio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I got the iPad a month before the v 2 was out and I got the iPad 2 immediately,I was holding out on the iPhone till a camera was on them, them I seen the iPad and held out as long as i could, I was told when I got it that it was the last one and the next shipment would be a long while.

9. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    sucks at what? i can take decent enough phots of my family with it. and as mentioned, it's great for video conferencing.

yes, it sucks at higher def stuff naturally, but you insinuate it's just purely crap in all respects full stop. it most certainly isnt.

10. SkyStudio

SkyStudio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I was cracking up when Steve was asked once if iPhones will have cameras, the guy then told him that it would damage the camera market which was just thriving, haha, I love apple because they brought computers to users, the irony that personal computers aka PC where and are for end users is beyond me, all i see is Microsoft offering on call services for companies all over the world, many of which switched to apple.

The cameras on other devices probably are better but the whimsical interfaces suk, I can't stand Samsung, I mean it they are on my sh@t list, I had a few of their phones and I'm glad apple is suing them for ripping of their while line