What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 -v- iPad3?

Soozerna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all you iPad 3 owners. I have the original iPad 1, which I am very happy with, but I also have some Apple vouchers waiting to be spent. So my question is: What advantages are there with an iPad 3? Is it worth spending the money?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Advantage 1: iOS 6. iPad 1 won't get it.
2: more RAM
3: better screen

4: new device with warranty coverage.
5: Siri with advent of iOS 6.
6: Retina display
7: front and rear cameras ( 5 megapixel rear camera)

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see how others can know what your money is worth to you. Some people have no apprecation for tech and no one else is going to be able to state whether spending your money on a new iPad is worth it to you.

If you are very happy with your iPad 1, then that is good. You can read all over the internet what the features the new iPad brings. You need to decide for yourself.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I don't see how others can know what your money is worth to you. Some people have no apprecation for tech and no one else is going to be able to state whether spending your money on a new iPad is worth it to you.

If you are very happy with your iPad 1, then that is good. You can read all over the internet what the features the new iPad brings. You need to decide for yourself.

No one it telling anyone how to spend their money. I agree that only the person concerned can decide how to spend their own money.

andyc12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using an iPad 1 for the last couple of years, I to have been very happy with it, until yesterday when my new iPad 3 got delivered ! My wife now has my old iPad and my new one will not be leaving my side. I love the display, airplay through my apple TV, the reduced weight/thickness etc. very happy I upgraded.

dme123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and now an iPad 3. Having used a 3 I found the original iPad painfully slow, and the once impressive screen to be very blocky. Well worth the upgrade IMHO.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too made the switch from the iPad1 to the iPad3, I'm so glad I didn't break down and buy the iPad2 and did the long haul for the iPad3! I didn't think I was missing much but I was wrong. I absolutly love my new iPad3 - the screen, the easy of flow, the over-all feel of my new one. My old one has now become property of the Living Room for the kids/hubby to use (mainly my kids and games). When I jump on my old iPad to update/download games for everyone it makes me fall in love with my new iPad all over again. I didn't have the money to just randomly blow either (careful planning) but this is a decision I was so glad I made. Good luck!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
No one it telling anyone how to spend their money. I agree that only the person concerned can decide how to spend their own money.

Did I say that? I said no one can tell him if the iPad is worth it for him to spend his money on. That is a very personal decision and one which none of us can decide for another. I assume the OP can read, so the OP has to use that info and make the decision for him/herself. The OP said he / she is very happy with the iPad 1. I sold an iPad 2 to get an iPad 3. Didn't need any help on that decision because that is who I am. Others are still using their iPad 2s and are very happy. The OP is very happy. See what I mean?

OP
S

Soozerna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I wasn't expecting anyone to make the decision for me, but was just wondering if there was anything about the iPad3 I wasn't aware of, ie I didn't realise it was lighter in weight, which is relevant as I take it out and about (travelling) with me quite a bit. So thanks for that!
I guess the Apple vouchers are burning a hole in my pocket because I have a rubbish phone (not iPhone) at the moment and am looking forward to the next new iPhone.
Still not sure but no doubt a visit to my local Apple shop will have me sucked in - thanks everyone

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I wasn't expecting anyone to make the decision for me, but was just wondering if there was anything about the iPad3 I wasn't aware of, ie I didn't realise it was lighter in weight, which is relevant as I take it out and about (travelling) with me quite a bit. So thanks for that!
I guess the Apple vouchers are burning a hole in my pocket because I have a rubbish phone (not iPhone) at the moment and am looking forward to the next new iPhone.
Still not sure but no doubt a visit to my local Apple shop will have me sucked in - thanks everyone

I love mine. :)

players

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4: new device with warranty coverage.
5: Siri with advent of iOS 6.
6: Retina display
7: front and rear cameras ( 5 megapixel rear camera)

8: A5x chip processor vs A4 on ipad 1
9: Quad core graphics
10: 1 GB RAM vs 256 mb on ipad 1

Just jump on new ipad from ipad 1, my thoughts : great screen, better multitasking, no more lags when gaming.... but my new ipad keeps getting hot when playing games intensively...

Most reactions

Latest posts