What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3 charging issue

rayplumas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I have the only IPad 3 that will not maintain a charge while plugged in, either 110v or 12 v , while using it? Just checking emails I lose some charge.

I have been with Apple support and they claim it is normal? Running Foreflight, an aviation ap, I am out of juice in about 4 hours on either 12 or 110 v chargers.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do I have the only IPad 3 that will not maintain a charge while plugged in, either 110v or 12 v , while using it? Just checking emails I lose some charge.

I have been with Apple support and they claim it is normal? Running Foreflight, an aviation ap, I am out of juice in about 4 hours on either 12 or 110 v chargers.

Hello - well, 'volts' are not the issue (I'm assuming by 12 v. you mean a car type charger); the iPad depending on the model requires 'wattage' which is power, my iPad 2 has a 10 W. charger (which is 5 V. x 2 Amps); the newer iPad chargers provide 12 W. - SO, are you using chargers regardless of the voltages described that are putting our 10 or more Watts? Let us know first, otherwise hard to advise? Dave :)

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the issue but this happened to me last year when I could no longer charge my ipad 3. It turned out that the usb plug went out on me so I had to use an older plug and it's charging fine now.

Most reactions

Latest posts