What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ip cameras and ipad

wpuryear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One way I access ip cameras is on my local network is with Safari on an ipad by entering their fixed address directly, such as 192.168.1.xxx. Unfortunately, ios 15.1 is not cooperating. I can connect and log in but may (after a long delay) or (mostly) may not receive the video stream which is motion jpeg. An earlier version of ios (5.1.1) on an old ipad has no problem nor does any browser on a pc.

Any suggestions on a setting I may have overlooked or a troubling shooting route to take.

Thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Settings > Safari > Advanced > Experimental you will find a lot of different features turned on by default. You could try turning off some of the ones that seem to be related to video. I'd do this systematically, so you can backtrack and turn back on anything that does not fix the issue. Otherwise you may turn something on/off that changes how other sites work for you now, possibly for the worse.

No idea if this will help, but a member reported having to turn off one of these features to get a site to work in the past. Can't remember who or what it was though.

Most reactions

Latest posts